23. FOREVER

Author's POV

As the sunlight peeked through the gap between the curtains it managed to rouse Adhira out of her sleep. Despite being a heavy sleeper she managed to wake up, her body stretched as she tried to move but went still as she felt the arm around her waist tightened.

Her head snapped to the face hiding in the crook of her neck and last night's event came rushing back to her mind. Heat rose to her cheeks as she remembered the unapologetic way she had behaved, he might've started the kiss but she was the one who refused to stop. She had behaved so unabashedly that now she wished to crawl back in a hole and never return to the surface.

His breaths falling on her neck tickled her and she couldn't resist looking at him.
She gazed at him and noticed the way his cheeks had sharpened, this close she could even see the tiny freckles beneath his eyes, they were so light that you wouldn't notice them until you looked too closely. She discovered them by accident when she was sixteen and since then she never missed the chance to adore them. He was even irritated at a point of time with how much attention she gave to those clusters of pigment skin, his words not mine.

As she took in his features she remembered the mole he had on the top right corner of his head, hidden beneath the dark locks of his hair, suddenly having the urge to see it, she moved her hand to push the hair back gently and found what she wanted, while the man felt someone caressing his head and his sleep broke.

Adhira's hand moved from his hair to his cheek as she languidly let her gaze reach every inch of his face. Somewhere in between his eyes opened and his first reaction was confusion, and then surprise before it turned to the giddy feeling he had felt last night.

The confusion due to position he was in, his line of sight directly at her neck, surprise because he slept, without any kind of pills and managed to sleep almost the whole night and then finally happiness remembering the reason for it.

She was still unaware that the man she was adoring had awakened, her gaze moved from his chin to his lips and paused there for a second too long before she decided to make her way up. As her eyes collided with his she shook, flabbergasted at the situation she was caught in.
Ogling at him.
I wasn't ogling at him.
Yeah yeah, whatever you say.

Her eyes darted away, not daring to look at him any longer but when she tried to turn her face he held it, " You can look. This face is yours to look anyways. "

Holy hell, it was hella cheesy, is he really my Shiv?
Adhira thought before replying, " I wasn't looking. "
" Oh. " He mumbled and before she could sigh in relief he continued, " Let me look then. "

Her eyes widened and in a fraction of a second he was atop her, his arms rested by her side while his legs trapped hers between his own. Looking down at her from above he noticed her face turning to a darker shade of red as her eyes darted from him to everywhere in the room before finally resting on him again.

" Good morning. " He spoke and while intentionally or unintentionally, his voice came out so deep that it sent current through her veins, she felt tingles all along her body and felt wetness pooling between her legs due to the effect of his voice and his gaze together. Her thighs clenched together and while he noticed the movement he made no comment.

You're royally screwed siya. He just said good morning for God's sake.
Well he did say it so sexily.
He's not sexy……  okay maybe he is.

She had the conversation in her mind while he noticed every reaction she was having to the inner monologue of her mind.
" It's bad manners not to reply sunshine. " He spoke again when he saw her zoning out for too long, he didn't like that her attention was on something else when he was right before her.