6. TEN YEARS AGO

Ten Years Ago

28th March, 20XX

Author's POV

" Maa, I'll come directly to Samridh mahal with shiv okay? " A seventeen year old adhira told her mom before picking her purse and running out. Her mother called from behind, " Okay but don't be too late. " And her reply came with the wind, " We won't be maa. "

" She already left? " Swaroop came while adjusting hus shirt.
" Yeah, she's too excited for her last day. "
" I don't even know why she has to go when her exams are over. "
" Who knows, maybe it's a thing for young people. " Seema replied to her husband while cleaning up the table.

" This new generation has their own thoughts. Let it be. Is Eesh ready? "
" Yeah papa. " Shialesh was the one who replied, coming down from his room, he was wearing a white kurta pajama. They were going for a puja today, bade rana sa had arranged a hawan for his wife, Nandini's health. She had asthma and these days her attacks were getting too frequent.

They met with the Royal family in the temple and badi rani sa was staying in the palace. The smoke from the havan would be too much for her and her younger daughter-in-law was staying with her.
Rishaan, sharvil and Radhika were there too. Shivansh and adhira didn't want to miss their last day, so Shivaay had allowed them to go but on the condition that they'll be back soon and keep their dadi company.

It must've been two hours when a guard came over holding a phone, Swaroop took it from him and he felt the land slip beneath his feet. His wife noticed him and asked what it was, he couldn't explain. He just asked the guard to bring out the cars. He went to shivaay and said to him,
" Bade rana sa, we have to go back. "
" What are you saying? It's not done yet. " Shivaay wasn't happy about being interrupted, he didn't want any kind of problems for his wife.
Seeing swaroop hesitating his heart tightened, the same feeling he had been having since morning.

" What's wrong? " He asked and swaroop could just say three words.
" Bade rani sa.. " Nothing more was needed, he got up with a jerk and everyone started moving. No one had any idea what happened to stop the hawan midway and swaroop wasn't saying anything.

The cars took off just as everyone got seated and the ominous feeling in their hearts increased, " Maa what's wrong? " Shailesh asked his mother who shook her head in a no. She tried to ask her husband more than once but he remained silent.

Shivaay stepped into the palace as fast as he could. While everyone followed after him. Seema took the children with her to the side, she had a feeling that something was wrong. While eesh wanted to follow his father.
Shivaay entered his room and he saw the doctor standing at the side with his head bowed low and ragini crying while holding his wife's hand. He didn't say anything just went to the bed and held his wife, " Nandini, what's wrong? Open your eyes, I'm back. " He muttered softly to her but she didn't respond.

The realisation came too sudden and ranvijay felt his world shook, randhir knelt on the ground while eesh went ahead and started to massage his dadi's feet. " Dadi is your feet hurting again, don't worry I'm back for a while now. I'll make them as good as mine. "
Tears flowed through swaroop's face seeing them like this. While subhashree went ahead to support her husband.

" Jagjeet, why isn't she waking up? Have you given her any anesthetic? " Shivaay asked the doctor, who still kept his head low.
" Say something. "
" I'm sorry, rana sa. I was late. " The doctor finally said gathering as much as strength he could but that rewarded him with a shout, " Get out. "

He left the room hurriedly and shivaay started to mutter to nandini, while stroking her hair.
" Late my foot, what nonsense are they even spouting. He knows nothing nandini, I'll find some better doctor for you. "