9. PEACHES

Adhira's POV

My days have been uneventful except for the havoc in the university.
I had no idea that the farewell was pending or I would've joined a week later, cuz they drove me insane.
I was seriously left to wonder if I behaved the same when I was studying and the answer came out NO.

My college life was good, not because of me but just because I made a good friend. And she was the one who did all the work, from taking me to bunk classes to introducing me to her other friends.

Harshita was my roommate for a year, I mean she dropped out when she decided Physics wasn't for her. And I had thought that we'll part after she left but no, that girl stuck to me like glue. And over time, not being in the same college stopped being an issue.

She did her masters in design before interning and finally bagging a job at one of the leading fashion brands in India. I forgot the name, I mean I can remember any kind of equation if I try but her company's name is never the one for me. It's like it was made to be forgotten. By me.

Well it's not just her company, I'm bad with names, specifically all these fashion apparels or beauty ones.
I rarely use moisturiser and that too something different every year cuz, something is too dry for winters and something is too oily for summers.
I still don't know which suits me.

It's Sunday today and as it had been unanimously decided that we'll be going to the Palace on Sundays, this was the day.
I skipped last week so there was no way that anyone would allow me that today too.

The only reason bhaiya agreed was the impromptu trip to hospital last week, bade rana sa's condition worsened, maybe because of the drama that happened in the palace or for some other reason. But the doctor gave his verdict, a month that's what he had told and next I heard was the change in his medical team.
I didn't have to think too much to guess who did it, but the fact stands, his days are really numbered, and that convinced Eesh bhai to go.

I've only seen him three times in all the weeks I've been here, first when he came to pick me up, second when he came to the university and last at the hospital.

I don't know if he's avoiding me or it's just coincidence but even after living twenty minutes from each other I'm unable to see him.

And with each day that passes without him strengthens my decision as well as chips away a part of my heart.
I don't know what will be left of it by the time I'm actually ready to let go.

The only good thing that happened since I came here is that I got to meet my friends, Saloni is still the same, the voice of the group and Akhilesh still follows her words like an edict, as for Sarthak he's still the troublemaker.

I learned about the new girl too, Niharika. Saloni told me about her, and from her words I knew that Niharika must be a good girl. Not everyone gets Saloni's approval.

They were coming to the palace today too and that made me less reluctant.

Papa has again taken hold of Palace's security, so all his time goes there. As for bhai, even though he desires to stay away from the Palace, his work forces him to stay in its vicinity.

" Siya, taiyaar hui ya nahi beta." I heard mom knocking on the door.
' Siya, are you ready or not? '

I picked up my phone from the bed and opened it, " Ho gayi maa. "
' I'm ready maa. '

She looked taken aback for a second and just as I was wondering what happened she did what I should've expected, taking some kohl from her eyes she applied it behind my ear.

" Maa.. " She didn't let me complete my words as she shook her head.
" Come, we're late. "

I got in with bhaiya and bhabhi while maa and papa came in their own car.
I have mine, but I don't want to drive, what else do I have a brother for?