52~ Truth of past revealed, heart exposed

"When your kite takes off tomorrow and shows everyone you're around, everyone will be looking forward to seeing you dance again!

Shankar spoke while looking towards Vasundhara, but his points clearly indicated he was addressing Jeevika, despite not speaking directly to her, causing her to stop in response.

"Amma nahi, hum bhage the patang aur firki lekar."

(Amma no, I ran away with the kite and the spinning wheel.)

Jeevika spoke, glancing at Yuvan, who sat upright, puzzled about why she was confiding in him rather than her father. He subtly gestured with his hand, indicating that she should handle the situation calmly.

"I'm getting ready for tonight's events so be prepared!"

Shankar went outside and Yuvan also left the house to attend a call.

"Remember, he is your Baba, so try not to take his words to heart."

"Matlab yeh sahi hai aap logo ka."

(That means it's okay for you guys.)

Jeevika said with narrowed eyes, causing Vasundhara to chuckle and shake her head.

"I got your haldi paste ready for you. Go take a bath to get ready, it's already past afternoon."

Vasundhara spoke while handing the paste to Jeevika, causing her to nod in agreement. She then proceeded towards the room to fetch the clothes and from there planned to head directly to the bathroom located in the backyard. This was a routine she followed even before marriage, especially for significant events, enveloping the air with the rich scent of turmeric mixed with rose water and petals, creating a harmonious blend of natural fragrances.

In the bathroom, Jeevika entered a 4ft 10 inches square area with a hand pump, steel tubs, and a brass pot for pouring water on the body. There was also a supporter to hang her heavy blouse and ghagra. Sunlight streamed through the roof, casting warm golden rays on the floor. A large brass bucket filled with turmeric paste sat in one corner. Yuvan, filled with love and anticipation, made his way to the bathroom. The walls were adorned with murals of peacocks and lotuses, seeming to dance in the sunlight and reflecting the joy of the day.

"Kon?"

(Who?)

Jeevika asked in frown, she wore a vibrant red saree, her hair woven with jasmine flower which he bought for her from the small vendor yesterday.

"Darwaja kholo."

(Open the door.)

Yuvan's husky voice gave her a heads up that he was outside, so she opened the door without overthinking. She figured he might need something urgently and there he was, a rough-looking husband, stroking his beard, raising his eyebrows, and leaning his hand against the wall.ml