Chapter 106

“Look at him,” Alexander cooed, smiling wide as he stared at their baby. “He keeps staring at me,” the alpha beamed, staying still as a rock as the little one snatched onto his big finger.

“I think he's fascinated by you,” Jude laughed before lying beside them on the bed. He threaded his fingers through Alexander's dark locks and smiled, feeling endeared by how his mate and their baby were bonding.

Their bub made a small noise, smiling wide when Alexander caressed his soft cheek. Jude knew baby smiles this early on weren't true smiles but he couldn't help but admire how happy it made his mate. “Look at you smiling,” the alpha laughed. “What's so funny, huh? Are you happy, bub?” He cooed, placing soft kisses on the baby's head which caused the little one to make more noise. “My little button, you are so cute. I can't handle it,” the alpha kissed his baby's hand before looking at the omega. “He's so adorable. I want to snuggle him but I'm scared he’ll suffocate,”

Jude glared at his mate. “Don't you dare squish my baby, I'll kick you to hell,”

Alexander laughed. “Then can I squish you? You're just as adorable,” 

Jude rolled his eyes and then looked at their baby with a soft smile when he realized that the little one was already looking at him with wide eyes. The omega smiled and rubbed his cheek against the baby's cheek to scent him. Alexander's scent was already on him, mixed with the scent of milk, baby products, and a little bit of himself.

“Do you think his pheromones will come in tomorrow?”

“I wish but I'm not sure,” the omega shrugged before smiling wide at their baby who had a strong grip on his golden locks. “But they said they can tell by the blood test. I can't wait to know his second gender.”

“Hmm…I heard some babies are late to show their pheromones,”

“Really? Is it related to some health problems?” Jude looked at his mate, eyes narrowed in worry.

“No, it's just every baby develops at their own pace. I'll call for a doctor tomorrow to–”

“No, let's go to the hospital,”

Alexander looked up at his mate with a surprised look. Jude never voluntarily agreed to go to the hospital. The alpha already heard so much about how he hated going there so it was surprising that the omega even suggested that.

“Baby, you need to rest. I'm not taking you to the hospital, it's going to tire you out. The doctor said you needed as much as rest you could get. A trip to the hospital, even if we're going by the finest vehicle we have, is going to take a toll on you. I'm not letting that happen.”

“Alex, it's not that bad. It's nothing big, believe me. I'm fine. I can walk and I even started doing some light exercises. We get in the car, sit there for fifteen minutes, and then boom, we’re at the hospital. I'll just sit still and won't do anything.”

“Baby, it's not that easy. What about your back pain? I just want you to rest. You haven't even slept properly after delivery—”

“I slept for three days straight,” Jude raised a brow as he stared at his husband.

Alexander sighed and looked down at the baby staring wide-eyed at them both. He leaned down to press a kiss on the little one's cheek. “I could never win against your mother, bub. He's too good at arguing,” the baby made squeaky noises as he grabbed onto the alpha's hair and ears. Jude watched with a smile as the alpha's giant form hovered over their baby while shaking in fear to hold his balance because he was scared of accidentally toppling over the little thing and squishing him.

“Did you take your medicine, love?” Alexander looked at his mate.

“I just did,”

“Good, then get some rest. I'll wake you up when he's hungry.”