Chapter 105

Three days. It's been three days since Alexander has been waiting for his mate to wake up. Minutes felt like an eternity for the alpha while watching his mate lay there unmoving. 

The man and the child managed two days but on the night of the third day, the little one lost it before the alpha did. Wails and cries filled the hospital room as Alexander tried his best to calm the tiny thing down. As much as the alpha adored their little bub, he soon realized that he was a menace. 

He managed to stay calm just by laying beside his mother for three days but it was evident that he soon grew frustrated by not getting enough warmth from the omega. 

Alexander was lost, carrying the little crying menace and rocking him in his hands as he tried to recite the lullabies he learned from Utube last night in hopes of calming the baby down. Nothing worked this time. It went on for hours and hours and the alpha was getting concerned. 

Soon the nurses took over and carried the baby to put him beside his mother again. It wasn't helping though. No matter how close they put him, their baby wouldn't stop crying. Alexander's alpha was in distress. His mate is unconscious and his baby is upset. He has to do something.

And then it happened. Small movement. Alexander is sure that if he had blinked, he would've missed it. The alpha looked at the nurse with wide eyes. “He-He just moved!” the man couldn't help but gasp, staring at the omega while being frozen in spot. One of the nurses ran out hurriedly to call the doctor and Alexander rushed over to his mate, watching his face closely. Their baby was still crying. 

“Come on, love. Wake up…our bub misses you. I miss you… please wake up,” 

Another movement on his fingers, then on his lips and brows, and then soon the omega was blinking. Eyes fluttering like butterflies. Alexander almost screamed from excitement when Jude fully opened his eyes. “A-Alpha…” he croaked out, voice hoarse from days of disuse.

“Y-Yes, love, I'm right here. Right here, baby,” the man gently patted his mate's hair. 

“W-Water…” 

“Yes, here. Here,” Alexander scrambled to get some water and feed it to the omega. Jude let out a sigh and licked his chapped lips when he finally got to wet his dry throat. 

He turned to the side to look at the now silent baby, just staring at him with wide eyes. The omega's eyes widened. “B-Baby?”

“Yes,” Alexander nodded proudly. “Our baby,” 

“Pretty…” the omega whispered, blinking his teary eyes.

“Right, pretty like you,” Alexander placed a gentle kiss on his mate's forehead. 

“Like me?” Jude asked.

“Yes, look at him. He looks just like you,” 

Jude laughed, his hand gently caressing the baby's soft cheek. The little one immediately latched on to his fingers, making cute noises and staring wide-eyed at him.

“He? Bub is a boy?” 

“Yeah, bub is a boy,” Alexander couldn't hide his wide grin. 

“Our baby boy is so cute…” the omega whispered as tears spilled from his eyes. “How long have I been…”

“Three days,” 

The smaller man gasped and then looked at his baby. “I'm sorry…I'm sorry for leaving you two for three days,” 

The alpha shook his head and caressed his mate's face lovingly. “What are you apologizing for? You didn't do anything wrong,” 

“Looks like you're doing really well,” the doctor's voice made the couple turn their attention towards the door. “How are you feeling, Jude?”