Chapter 98

“Alex,”

“Hmm?”

“I'm scared….”

“Me too,”

“What would we do if something is—”

“Nothing. Nothing will go wrong. Our baby will be fine,”

“But it's…If our baby is still in that position—”

“Love, don't worry about it. I don't want you to raise your blood pressure. If our baby is still in breech position then we will do ECV or Cesarean. Whatever it is that you want. We have advanced technologies now. Both of you will be fine and I'll be with you every step of the way,” The alpha gripped his mate's hand, saying comforting words to his omega who had been reduced to nothing but nerves.

Jude splayed a protective hand over his belly as he walked with difficulty, chewing on his lips and slowing down intentionally to delay arriving at the doctor's office as much as possible.

He stopped suddenly and shook his head. “I can't go in there,”

“Jude,” Alexander gently called his mate's name, turning his body to face the omega.

“I need my nest, Alpha. I-I can't be here. I'll keep our baby safe. I promise!  I'll deliver at home–and–and we can use the bathtub. It'll be fine. O-Our baby will be fine there. I'll give you a healthy pup, Alpha. We don't need this…. We don't need all this. I'm—”

“Jude,” Alexander cut off his mate's ramblings by taking his face into his hands and making him look up. “I need you to breathe in, baby. Can you do that?”

“I-I…” the omega struggled to speak, eyes frantically moving around.

“Shh…breathe, baby. That's all you need to do. Focus on me, okay? Take deep breaths. Follow me. Deep breaths,” he coaxed.

It took him a minute but Jude did follow the alpha's instructions. Soon, his body relaxed while Alexander caressed his mating mark and cheek. “Are you fine now, love?”

The omega could only nod in reply.

“Great, let's go sit down for a while and then go to the doctor's room. Is that fine with you?”

“Yes,”

“Come,”

___

“You asked them for a room?”

“I needed you to calm down and take a breather. You were panicking,”

“Do they give rooms to people other than the patients?” The omega looked around.

“They can't. But money has the power to change rules.” Alexander shrugged and guided his mate towards the bed. “Do you need something to drink?”

“No,” the omega shook his head, eyes lazily roaming around the room. He let out a sigh and met his mate's watchful eyes. “Scent me?”

Alexander didn't wait to jump into action, moving like lightning; he had the omega in his arms in just two seconds.
The smaller man let his body relax, eyes fluttering shut as he felt his mate's lips press against the mating mark.

The taller did everything to drench his mate in his pheromones, kissing, licking, and lapping at the mating mark till the omega in his arms started to let out sounds of satisfaction.

“Alpha? Belly too?”

Alexander pressed a soft kiss on his mate's cheek. “Of course, baby,” he held him close. “Anything for you, my love,” he whispered to the smaller man before getting off the bed and kneeling on the floor to scent his mate's protruding belly. Alexander placed a small kiss there before he looked up with a smile. “All good now?”

Jude nodded, cheeks tinted pink.

“Can we go meet the doctor now, baby? Are you fine with that?”

“Yes,” the omega breathed out, swallowing down his nervousness for the sake of his baby. Jude stood up even though his instincts were screaming at him to run home and curl up in his bed and keep his baby safe.

Alexander took his husband's hand and placed a soft kiss on it before helping him get off the bed. “Don't be nervous, okay? I'll be with you,”

“Okay,”

_____

“Doctor, what is it?” Alexander asked, holding his mate's hand tightly in his. Jude was a nervous mess even after his alpha stank up the hospital room with his pheromones, trying to calm him.

“Unfortunately, the baby is still in breech position,” the man breathed out.

“So does that mean…” Alexander trailed off, his grip on Jude's hand turning tight as the omega froze.

“We have ECV and cesarean. We will go with whatever you're comfortable with,” the doctor looked at Jude.

“I…” Jude looked at Alexander, wide-eyed and scared.

“Hey baby, breathe, please take a deep breath for me,” the taller man immediately turned to his mate.

The omega closed his eyes, immediately following the command to calm himself down. He opened them again after a few minutes to see his mate and the doctor looking at him worriedly.

“Are you alright, Jude?” The doctor asked.

“Y-Yes, umm…I…I'll go with ECV,”

“Are you sure? You can take time to think. It's fine—”

“No, I have decided. I want to be awake during my delivery so I'll go with ECV,”
He breathed out, gripping the alpha's hand for support.

“Okay then,” the doctor gave him an encouraging smile. “Is this Tuesday fine with you?”

The omega only nodded as he took a deep breath. “I…. I'll be able to deliver my baby, right?”

The question surprised the doctor who turned to look at him with raised brows and questioning eyes. “Of course, Jude. Are you feeling worried?”

“I…Umm… Me being a m-male omega…is it… is it going to affect my baby?”

Alexander whipped his head towards his mate so fast that it almost broke off of his neck. The alpha stared at his husband, wide-eyed as the familiar burden of guilt began to settle down heavily on his chest. Jude looked scared and nervous and it was obvious that hearing only negative things about his kind made him feel like there was something wrong with him.

“Jude,” the doctor beat him to it before Alexander could talk. “It is true that most of the time, there are complications for male omegas to give birth. But that doesn't mean your gender is going to affect your baby even in the slightest way. So don't ever think anything like that, okay?”

Jude nodded before looking down, feeling a bit relieved and equally guilty for asking that question.

“Mr. Ivanov, these are the lists of tests that should be done before ECV. One of the nurses will explain to you the details about the procedure and how to be ready for it.” The doctor handed the prescription to the alpha before smiling. “Don't worry. We'll take care of your mate,”

Alexander pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded before taking his husband's hand into his. “Let's go, baby,”

Jude threw the doctor one last glance and a withering smile before standing up and following his mate outside.

______

I know this is a very very very short chapter and I apologise for it. I got sick guys and my exams were going on. So the past two weeks have been hell for me. Just when I thought I had everything in control 😔 *sigh*

Anyways, I promise that there'll be another update tomorrow. You can bully me if I don't update. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it wasn't anything special.

Love you ❤️ votes and comments are appreciated ❣️