Chapter 56

"When did you wake up? " Damien cautiously asked the boy as he walked into the room with a tray of food. 

Sage didn't reply. 

"I made breakfast,'' The alpha said, placing the book on the bedside table. He waited for the omega to say something but Sage only stayed silent. "Umm… there's a new toothbrush in the bathroom drawer and I can give you my clothes if you want to freshe—"

Sage stood up from the bed before his mate even finished the sentence. He went straight to the bathroom while Damien watched him silently. 

The alpha could only sigh. It seemed like all his efforts in making Sage comfortable with him were failing. 

The omega came back after a few minutes and went straight for the food. He ate and drank silently before he spoke anything. 

"Take me home, " 

Damien straightened his posture when he heard his mate. "Sage… I told you—"

"Don't force me. I've made my decision. Why can't you respect it? " The omega snapped. "You want to spend your life with someone else and I respect that decision. Am I forcing you to mate me? No. Then why can't you do the same to me and respect my decision to stay away from you?" 

Damien shook his head. "Because I care about you. Your health will be affected—"

"Oh please, don't give me that bullshit, " Sage scoffed. "Tell me if you would have cared the same if both of our life wasn't at risk because of this stupid mating bond, " 

Damien couldn't help but gulp. He had no answer to that. He doesn't know if he would've cared the same if there were no risks when he didn't mate with his fated one. If there were no health problems, he probably would've ignored his mate like it was nothing. 

It does make him feel guilty because now he knows the emotional problems are as bad as the physical ones. 

Sage is going through both right now. 

"You have no answer, right?" The omega stared at his mate with a distasteful look. 

He took a deep breath before he stood up. "I need to go home. Are you going to take me or should I go alone?" 

Damien threaded his fingers through his hair, frustration visible in his actions. He closed his eyes and sighed before standing up. "I'll drop you off, "

*

*

*

The drive to Sage's studio apartment felt painfully slow and awkward for both of them. There were barely any words exchanged. 

Damien had no idea what he should do now. He never thought Sage would be this headstrong. He underestimated the omega thinking he would eventually give in because of the physical problems experienced by the boy. 

The alpha sighed as he parked the car in front of a shabby building. Sage unbuckled his seatbelt without uttering a word. 

Damien took his business card and extended it towards his mate. "Take this. It has my number and email. Call me if you need anything. I'll always pick up," 

Sage looked at the card but didn't take it. "I don't need it, " He said before taking his bag. 

Damien caught the boy's wrist before he could get out of the car. "Take it…. Please… " He looked at his mate with pleading eyes. He won't be able to sleep if he let Sage go without even giving him his contact info. 

The omega stared at his mate for a moment before he quickly grabbed the car and got out of the car. 

Damien let out a sigh as he slumped on his seat. He rubbed his eyes frustratedly before starting his car. 

There were a lot of things in his mind. It was starting to give him a headache. He never wanted things to turn out like this but everything is a mess. He doesn't even know if he could make this alright without hurting anyone. 

The alpha scoffed at his inner thoughts. 

This can't be solved without hurting anyone. 

It's obvious that someone is going to get hurt in the end. 

*

*

*

"Do you feel seasick? There's medicine if you want to take it, " Alexander asked his mate as he wrapped an arm around Jude. 

"No, I feel fine," Jude smiled. 

"So, do you like our first date?" He asked the omega before leaning down to place a soft kiss on his neck. 

"I love it…" Jude said softly. 

Alexander noticed that the omega wasn't enthusiastic as he thought the boy would be. It instantly made him worry. "Are you okay? You can tell me if there's something wrong. Are you scared? Do you not like yacht trips?" He asked, making Jude face him. 

"No, I like it! I'm just… I'm just worried," Jude said sheepishly as he looked down at the ground. 

"Worried about what?" Alexander raised a brow. 

Jude looked around. There was no one on the yacht other than them and the workers. 

"Umm… the rent must have been very high, right?" He asked nervously. 

"Rent?" 

"Yeah… this yacht? It's huge and looks luxurious. We really didn't—"

"I didn't pay any rent, " Alexander cut him off with a chuckle. 

Jude paused. "Oh… They let us ride for free? Do you know the owner?" The omega tilted his head in confusion. 

"I didn't pay any rent because I bought the yacht, " The alpha replied with a smirk. 

"W-What? You bought this?! For our date? Why would you—"

"I'm not used to renting things. I just buy them. Now, let's not talk about that and focus on our date, " 

"But Alex, don't waste your money like that. There was no need. We should've planned this date on land—"

"Baby, look there. There are dolphins, " 

"Dolphins?! Where?! " Jude gasped and looked in the direction his mate pointed at. 

Alexander looked at his mate with a fond smile. Jude looked so adorable. "Do you see them? " He whispered in the boy's ear before placing a soft kiss on his neck. 

"Yes, they're jumping! So amazing!" The omega said excitedly. 

Alexander wrapped his hands around the boy before a sigh slipped past his lips. Seeing Jude so happy made him feel so warm and fuzzy inside. 

He doesn't know why but he wanted to see the omega smile like this forever because it was the best sight he had ever seen.