Chapter 36

The air was heavy, the room was filled with the members of the council. Shikamaru had his hands full with a lot of paperwork, others were just discussing a few strategies.
"It's been so long since we didn't do anything fun." Kiba spoke out.
"Shut up. Because of you, we are losing face." Sai said. "What!? What did I do!" They knew what was going on. "That stupid commoner gained a lot of fans." Sai mocked.

Kiba glared at him. "Was it my fault!? You guys are partly to blame!" Ino was about to shut him up but Kiba was fast. "This council is losing popularity." Sasuke's attention faltered. Kiba met his gaze and turned into stone. He lowered his gaze and sighed. "I guess I'm running my mouth too much." Sasuke spoke up,"You are not wrong." Most of them were surprised.

"We are just suppressing them with our power. But what happens when they unite and rebel?" Gaara spoke. "That's what's going to happen." Shikamaru declared his prediction without fear or hesitance. "Who will dare to do that?" Sai asked. Shikamaru scoffed. "All they need is a bit of a push. Don't you think they are already sick of us? The discrimination, oppression and this sick game of us?"

They gave him a side eye with a warning that the president was watching him. Shikamaru shrugged as he said,"As the vice president, my responsibility is to point out the issues and help the president. We need to improve and increase our activities. This selection of our treasurer is going to be the start of something new."

Naruto stood for the position of the treasurer. Although he was scared, he wasn't totally alone. They were seated in Lee's room with a few papers and other equipment. "We need a few posters." Deidara spoke. "Is that necessary?" Naruto asked. "Yes, this is really important. Trust me." "Do we really need to tell them that I'm just a commoner? I mean it's not like I'm embarrassed." Naruto's hesitation was clear.

"Well yes. That's going to make you look different from the rest of them. Not all of them are snobs you know?" Deidara answered. Naruto was frightened of losing once again. The disappoinment, the fear of losing the scholarship, dealing with the council members, it was truly bothersome.He remembered what Kakashi said.
"You are a weapon. You can destroy them. There are many ways, we just need to use them."

"Why me?"
Naruto had no answer, he didn't even bother to ask. Was he special? Special because his father wasn't an elite? The poster literally said "I'm poor, I'm different, I'm not like you." Naruto felt like being mocked. Was it really necessary?

Naruto was finally back to his dorm room with few copies of the posters in his hand. As he was about to open the door, he heard the sound of shoes, someone's soft footsteps. As he turned around, he felt his heart leaping out of his chest. "Long time no see." The deep and smooth voice sent shiver to his body.

"Why are you here?" Naruto asked almost accusingly. That mouth formed a perfect smirk as he replied smugly,"I just missed that smart mouth of yours." Naruto felt goosebumps. The man before him looked so much like Sasuke, that it felt unreal. Itachi Uchiha was once again before Naruto's door, clearly with ulterior motives.

"Are you tired of annoying your brother that you are here to annoy me?" Naruto spoke. "Well well, I thought maybe you missed my little brother. Am I not a good replacement?" As Itachi said that, Naruto's frown grew bigger. He asked,"What does that mean?" Itachi leaned a bit closer giving Naruto a clear view of his face. "Do I not look like him?" Naruto's eyes got stuck. Those dark eyes with long lashes, perfectly shaped nose, lips not too small or big, perfect jawline and the midnight hair which was slightly longer, looked identical to Sasuke. Almost like twins but Itachi had that mature aura, almost like the older version.

Itachi's smirk grew bigger. "What if I tell you that I'm even better than Sasuke?" Naruto snapped out of it. Better?
"Better in what?"
"What do you think?"
Itachi's smirk started to piss him off. Itachi leaned even closer.
"Tell me what did my stupid little brother do? Did he cross some sort of line? Did his perfect cold expression falter as he gazed at you? Did he still look perfect?" The papers in Naruto's hands fell.

Naruto wanted to challenge the man before him. He knew that the man before him was obsessed with his younger brother and that was enough to make him sick.
"When his eyes softened, when he came so close to me, he looked angelic. Only I know that side of him." Itachi's smirk faded. "What did you say?" He asked. "You heard that." Soon an evil smirk replaced the smug one. "You guys went thar far? Well I'm curious too. What do you have in you to have his attention. Let me see too."

Naruto wanted to take a step back but against his back, there was the door which led him to his room. "Itachi, I think this is too much now." Naruto warned. "Too much? I don't think so. It wasn't too much when you wrnt close to my little brother!" He grabbed Naruto by his collar. His eyes showed nothing but contempt and disappointment. "Why do you want to contaminate him? Are you jealous of him? Do you want to be like him? What do you want! A position in that council!?" Itachi was being carried away. He started yelling. Naruto looked around to find no one. Why was nobody coming out?

"You think I care about that!? You pushed me, so did your brother! I'm just a peasant like you people say! Why don't you people just stay in your damn line!" Naruto yelled back. "Line? Don't you think you are in our boundary? This school, it isn't for you." Itachi's voice turned a bit low. Naruto narrowed his eyes. "This is so childish. A school for the elites?" Naruto chuckled a bit darkly.

Itachi's tough expression faltered for a moment. The boy before him wasn't scared of him at all. "I'll bring down all of it. This damn school will face a revolution. If you take this childishness that seriously, then I guess I'll have to do the same."
"You want to play this game huh? I can kick you out easily."
"Kick who?" Another voice interrupted them. Naruto and Itachi looked that way to find the white haired male walking straight to them.

Itachi scoffed still with his fist grabbing Naruto's collar. "Here to save your student?" Itachi mocked. "Watch your mouth." Kakashi spoke with a smirk plastered on his lips. Itachi licked his lips and said,"My mouth? Well, at least I still have it clean." Kakashi's snugness disappeared for a moment and then he turned cold. "Have you forgotten the rules and regulations? This school won't tolerate you even if you have that name backing you up." Itachi smiled and let go of Naruto finally.

"Why don't you pay my cousin a visit first? He seems to miss you a lot." Naruto saw Kakashi's expression turning dark. Was there some secret that was about to be unfold? They surely had a history and Naruto can't deny that he was curious. "Naruto, go back to your room." Naruto was about to comply to his order but Itachi stopped him from doing so.

"This person is the source of your courage? What a joke." He spoke to Naruto and laughed loudly. "You think he's going to protect you? Well, be as delusional as you want because he's the same as you. You both are peasants." Itachi continued laughing. "Just like how you are being played by my younger brother, an Uchiha. Another Uchiha played your respected teacher as well. I guess it won't be appropriate to spell it out here."
"Itachi!" Kakashi's voice echoed.

Although Naruto flinched, Itachi didn't even budge. "What? Why are you so afraid of the truth? Or it's just too embarrassing?" Itachi said so smugly that it looked disgusting to Naruto. He knew whatever happened between Kakashi and that person, it was humiliating for Kakashi. Itachi turned to the oblivious blond and spoke.

"Let me give you an advice. Get away from him. If you continue to follow his advice, you are going to end up the same way. You wanted to start a revolution? This school has a history, you damn peasants can't bring a change. And also, stay away from my brother." Itachi gave him the look of contempt before walking away leaving the white haired man and Naruto all alone there.

Naruto's gaze landed on the white haired male whose head was high as always. He looked totally unfazed although Naruto knew he was shaken up a moment before. Kakashi's jaw clenched as he rushed to the side of the blond. He grabbed him by his collar like Itachi did and said spitting venom. "If you don't do as I say, I'll make sure your life is ruined." There was fire in those cold eyes. Naruto knew he was in a trap and the only way to be freed from there was to live by Kakashi's rules.