Chapter 33

It was the last day of the trip. Although I was annoyed with the fact that my name was enlisted without my approval, I saddened when it was the time to go back to the regular stressful days. Everyone was back to the beach, bathing under the sun, tasting the salty water of the sea time to time and playing games. My head was on my knees as I stared at the 'elites' forgetting that they are elites. They seemed like the kids who would go to the beach along with their friends or classmates in weekends, lick on ice cream or popsicles.

My eyes found where Lee was. He was laughing and grinning so stupidly, our eyes never met. Why did I feel so bothered? He was not my friend, I didn't need to justify myself. Sasuke had his eyes focused on some magazine, sitting under a big shade with glasses on. He never spared me a glance. Other days, I would catch him glancing at my direction a few times.

I sighed. I got up and walked to the counter outside where different fresh fruits which were cut into shapes were displayed. We were allowed to eat from there. I took a few pieces of cut watermelon and started biting on them. Then Kakashi appeared, he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt which was not buttoned up. His hair was dancing along with the breeze freely. In his hand there was a ball.

"Let's play volleyball!" When he said that a few of them cheered. It was indeed a good idea but as ever, I wasn't down for it. "Sensei in which time will you be!?" "I'm not playing. If I play in a team, the other team will be in a great disadvantage." My eyes and ears both were fixated on them. Kakashi turned his head and our eyes met. His eyes turned crescent as he smiled. His hand motioned for me to join them. I couldn't disobey and eventually found myself walking towards the ruckus.

"Nobody should feel lonely. Here, take this." He threw the ball toward me and I caught it out of reflex. "You'll be playing." Soon I found myself in a team. Someone snatched the ball away from me giving me a glare which was unnecessary. I felt them bumping against me almost making me trip or pushing me with great force. I was being bullied in the middle of the game. In this team, there was Gaara who stood tall and played the best, to balance it, there was Kiba who was hyped up. The other team had Sai who had a huge grin on his face. Sasuke was not playing.

I felt like a dead weight burdening them, taking up space. I was moving along with them. I felt ashamed and useless and wanted to run away. I was a good for nothing. I stumbled as someone's body bumped into me with so much force that I lost balance. Looking up, I found it to be the maniac Kiba. He looked down on me once then with a smirk he turned back as if it was something trivial. I tried to get up but a ball hit my face making my sense blurry.

I never expected anyone to walk up and help me in such a situation. But they laughed. The ball hit again and it was intentional. It happened again and again. The game was adjourned. I couldn't wrap my head around the situation. Kiba laughed.  Kakashi was absent who was the one to suggest the game, there was nobody to stop that. I got reminded of the first day of school, the party, the game, the student council. They were always at the center, always causing trouble.

My eyes roamed around, there was Hinata with a pained expression watching, watching only. As if she was hiding behind his big brother who had a cold expression displayed on his face, with his arms folded. I felt disappointed once again.

Then there was Sasuke, who never averted his gaze from the magazine. I knew he knew what had been happening. I knew he was aware of it. He was silent. I felt a different feeling washing over me. It wasn't disappointment, it wasn't resentment, I felt something in my chest. It was the pain of heart breaking. After that I felt enraged. Mad, so mad that I saw red. It was as if the other night was a dream, a lucid dream.

I sprang up. My fist came in contact with Kiba who took it by surprise. He fell hard. Even I didn't fall that hard when the ball hit me. He groaned and the laughter died down. It got silent. I felt my chest rising up and down, nostrils a bit flared and my fists in ball. My legs moved on their own as I kicked him on his chest hard stopping him from getting up.

"Is this funny? IS THIS FUNNY!" my voice echoed. Nobody came forward as if all of them froze. "I have had it enough!" I kicked him again as I lost my reasoning. "I don't fucking care if your parents come to sue me! Without them, what do you have anyway!?" Kiba was groaning, his hands were busy protecting the places I started kicking. "Student council? A club for a bunch of spoiled good for nothings."

I glanced at the people watching from sidelines and said,"See? How they turn into rats when you use your fists? Do it like this." I kicked him again. Gaara came forward. He said coldly,"This is enough." I gave him a cold glare. "Why is this enough now? When I'm the one who's beating?" I kicked again. Kiba started groaning like an injured dog. Soon Gaara caught me by the collar of my shirt. "Stop this before I use my fists."

I chuckled dryly.  "You think yourself so highly. Losers, all of you are losers. Came here holding onto the coattails of your parents." Gaara stared coldly, still reluctant to use his fists. That was the difference between him and the rest of them. He hated violence. His grip loosened. He said,"Take this as a warning. Never mess with any council member."

It was late at night, when I realized I lost it today. At the balcony, I was alone, staring the moon which was also lonely like me. The moon although reminded me of a cruel boy who was hard to read. The moon also reminded me of the kisses we shared. There was no lust, no eagerness, only peace and bliss. Did he regret it? Did it not mean anything? I felt a pang on my chest. The bitter feeling of resentment rising up. Was it a game as always?

The sound of the slide door startled me. I forgot that Lee also stayed with me. In his hand there was a cigarette. He was taller and he also had a solemn expression. "It was hard, wasn't it?" He broke the silence. "Do you smoke?" He asked. I shook my head. "Good." I sighed. "I... really am not working for him." I said. Lee chuckled softly. "I know. It was foolish of me to think that way. There's no way, you could be working for him..."

I nodded. "Sometimes I wonder if he's a psychopath." He chuckled once again as he said it. "It can't be. The school runs every kind of tests before anyone can enter." "True but then again this school is dependent on his father's donations." "What are you trying to imply. Today's event has nothing to do with him." I said. "There's no point defending him because this stupid council wouldn't exist if it wasn't for him. Student council doesn't mean shit in other schools while they have control over everything." He said with resentment.

"Let's ruin this." As he said, I stared at him. "This will be a revenge." He said with fire in his eyes. I stayed silent. "Have you seen some of them who looked so satisfied when you were beating up Kiba? They looked so proud and happy that I felt goosebumps. Trust me, they have more haters than admirers."

"Why would anyone listen to me?" I asked. Lee said,"You have me." He winked. "I will help you in every way possible." "Then will you switch sides and support me openly?" Lee nodded. "I'm tired of pretending. Let's do this." His eyes gleamed. I felt a foreign warmness in my heart, in my body. It was not bad. The thought of trampling them was so pleasant and satisfying that I couldn't fight against the urge to comply.

Who knew soon I would find myself making an 'Anti student council club'? It was the start of a war. War between the weak and the strong. One thing I could say, it was something I never regretted.