Chapter 23

Finally the day we will be leaving for the trip has come. I wouldn't say that I'm not feeling excited but with that a sense of fear is coming too. I'm going there thanks to Sasuke but I'm sure he wouldn't pity me and pay for my expenses just like that. There must be some evil plan behind all this. After all, the whole council is made with crazy members.

"Naruto!" Hinata must be here. I have packed my belongings, actually Hinata is the one who's late. I was waiting for her to show up. I get up from the bed and go to the door in order to open it for her. Opening it, I see a dolled up Hinata waiting with her luggage and bag. She takes a deep breath.

"I fear that I forgot to bring something necessary." Hinata says pouting. I sigh. I ask her,"Are you ready or not?" Hinata says,"Of course I am! Look at all these." I tell her,"Then let's head out. We'll be late." I helped her with her luggages. I asked her on her way,"Isn't his too much for just one week trip?" She answered as if that's a fact,"I can't really wear same thing every day, can I?" I rolled my eyes in response. She had to be one of the snobs sometimes.

When we entered the hall, we found students gathered in there. We had to push some of them to move ahead. We need to find Iruka sensei. It didn't take long to notice him in the middle. He has been shouting,"Please get in the line, students! We'll move to the front gate." It isn't easy to take care of the already excited crowd. It isn't just Iruka who's helping to organise all this, there are other teachers including Kakashi who still hasn't spared me a glance. It's like there's no business between us except for the moment when he tutors me. He is an elite teacher after all.

Soon I was pushed in a line but when I looked behind, Hinata wasn't there. But here I have one of Hinata's bag. Why do I always lose her in moments like this? A boy whispered from behind,"You are looking for that weird eyed girl?" I tell him sternly,"She isn't weird eyed." The boy says without any change of his expression,"Whatever, she'll be going with her brother with the council."

Of course, it's not like I didn't think of that. This school is really a strange one. They say this the school for the elites. But that's not the end. This school has elites even among the elites. They go by different rules. I don't belong here, I feel like a black sheep here.

"Go inside that one." Iruka motions for us while saying loudly. I felt the crowd pushing me inside. I was given a ticket with a number. From the first seat to the last one, I searched the whole bus but my number was nowhere. Then I meet the same guy from there. He was a creepy one. He said,"Why are you here? You are one of them." I frowned. He says,"What? Look at the ticket of yours." Then he showed the crumpled ticket of his. Mine is a bit different.

Then the sudden realisation hits me. Then the guy nods knowing that I now have the idea. I turned back to leave this bus. Sasuke Uchiha made the arrangement, so I would be traveling with him, with the council members, with the psychopaths. Can't I just trade this one with someone else's? That's a hassle.

The crowd has decreased. I guess I'll be the late one today. When I stepped into the bus, I made eye contact with some people I despise. Of course Sasuke Uchiha is one of them. When I moved my gaze to Hinata, I felt weird. Why did it feel like that she's ignoring my gaze? Then I noticed, beside her there's Neji who is quietly tapping on his phone.

I lowered my gaze to avoid the stare. Some are surprised to see a person like me with them in this bus. Even my clothes aren't even impressing. I went straight to the last seat and there's a guy who is smirking at me. There's no other seat left. I sat there having no other choice. I brought my earbuds so that I could be lost in my own world but I never thought someone from this bus would talk to me.

"What's your name blondie?" The guy said. I turned my head to see the orange haired man. This man must be taller than me. I didn't want to talk to anybody but it would be rude if I didn't answer. "You wouldn't know me even if I told you." I answered. He says in response,"If you don't want to say, it's alright." Then he starts lightening his cigarette. Is that even allowed?

"I am a senior, these rules don't work on me." He says noticing my questioning gaze. I speak,"Then how did you get in here?" The guy smirks. He says,"That old hag is my grandma." I ask in return,"The principal?" That guy nods taking a puff from the cigarette. Seems like this place is his kingdom, no better than Sasuke.

The bus starts to move. I plucked the earbuds into my ears. The music starts to consume me. I would like the seat beside the window though but nothing is going by my plan.
.
.
.
.
I was awakened by the guy beside me. I found my head on his shoulder. Then I notice, I have been drooling. I start to apologize being extremely embarrassed,"I'm sorry, really sorry!" He says cutting me off,"It's alright. We are at the airport." I quickly get up and start straightening my slightly wrinkled cloth.

When I looked up, I found a pair of eyes staring at me, those dark eyes. Our eyes met. Then my eyes went lower, to his lips. A smirk, that signature mark of his. He is thinking of something evil, I am very much sure of it.

I was pushed ahead. I groaned as I looked back. That orange haired guy surely is a rude bastard. Taking my bags and throwing Hinata's one to her, I rush to outside. This bus is full of jerks. When I went outside, I see the empty airport. I could see Kakashi sensei standing before us. Sasuke was the first one to go inside the plane. Kakashi spared him a glance and smiled. Kakashi seems different with him.

I went up by the stairs. Behind me, there's the other council members and some other elite students. A moment before, I noticed a long blond haired girl clinging to Sasuke. Sasuke also didn't mind as if both of them are really close. Maybe he's just allergic to peasants like us.

I took my seat intending to sleep through the whole journey. But I also couldn't resist the scenery, the cloud, the sky, the little city under us. When I started nodding off finally, I found someone whispering. "Naruto, Naruto kun." I looked around to find Hinata looking at me. I didn't know why but I suddenly started to find it annoying to talk to her.

I looked away. Then she calls for my name again. I felt annoyed whenever she was calling my name. She can be helpless or be fearful of his brother who is a close person of Sasuke, but she can't just ignore me every time. If she has such problems, she wouldn't have made friends. This is totally messed up.

It was getting annoyed so I decided to answer,"What is it?" Hinata answers guiltily,"Are you mad at me Naruto?" I lied,"Why would I be?" Then looked around again to see Neji nowhere to be seen. I ask her,"Where's your brother?" Hinata responds,"He went to washroom." So that's the reason.

Before we could start a conversation, we got interrupted rudely. And it also had to be the person I despise the most. "Looks like there's some secret conversation going here." Sasuke spoke. I didn't notice he was turning his head to stare at me. I frowned as I noticed Hinata to go stiff.

Sai says in a joking manner,"Do we have to tell Neji that his sister is involved in an affair with a commoner?" Hinata looks scared and also surprised. She defends herself,"Don't talk nonsense! Why would I be in a relationship with him?" Sai retorts,"Why not?" Hinata got silent. This is both embarrassing and humiliating for me.

I speak,"Please stop, I wasn't even intending to talk to her." Sasuke finally speaks,"You should talk to me instead, you should thank me. After all I arranged this trip for you." I heard a lot of people gasping. People was already surprised about me being here, now another question will be circulating. I grit my teeth. My patience has also a limit. My seat was kind of close to Sasuke's. This plane isn't like the regular ones.

I tell him,"I didn't ask you to do that." Sasuke chuckles. He responds,"What can I say? I felt sorry for you. It's hard to be poor, isn't it?" I balled my fist. I need to make myself calm. But it hurt to see that Hinata was silent the whole time and the most surprising thing is, it didn't surprise me at all. She belonged to that group, it doesn't look good for her to walk beside me. And Sasuke may be a bad person but he is doing a good job indicating who is my good friend and who is not...