Chapter 19

Naruto's POV

I was trying to run away but the person behind him is chasing me. I hear the man who just introduced himself as Sasuke's older brother shouting. He said,"Didn't you tell me that you'd help me?"

I speak as I keep walking faster,"Literally everyone knows him here. Just knock on someone else's door." Itachi says persistently,"I don't want to disturb others." I got myself into another mess.

Suddenly someone comes out. The person says,"Why are you running in hallway! Stop right there." Itachi starts to pant as he stopped running behind me. In front of me, there's standing Iruka sensei in his white apron.

Noticing the man behind me, he got stiff. I turn my head to look at the long haired man. He's just staring at Iruka sensei with the brightest smile ever. Iruka says,"I didn't realize Mr. Uchiha would be here." What about this sudden curtsy?

Itachi comes forward. He puts his hand in the pocket of his coat letting out a cool aura. His personality seems different now. He speaks in a formal way,"I wanted to meet my little brother. Who are you anyway?"

That was rude but Iruka sensei didn't mind that. He says smiling nervously,"I could help you if you want." Itachi replies rejecting his kind offer,"I don't need that. I want this guy to help me." Suddenly I got pointed out.

Iruka looks restless as he sees us together. What's with this sudden fear I'm sensing? Iruka says,"But it'll be the gate closing hour soon. How about I help you instead?" Itachi looks even colder now. Iruka seems pale. What is happening?"

Itachi says with his cold voice that feels even colder than ice,"Didn't I tell you sensei that I need this guy to help me?" I saw Iruka flinching. Of course Sasuke's brother would be just like him. Iruka sighs. He turns to me as he says,"Naruto, could you please help him until he meets his brother?" I frown.

Before I could go against the order, I got cut off by Iruka. He says,"That's an order from your sensei." I ball my first. I curse under my breath as I turn my back. With that, I didn't forget to shoot Itachi another glare and instead I got that annoying smile from him.

We were walking in this empty ground with the insects making noises and the silence except for that. The grass has small drops of water that is making my shoes drenched. After all this is a cold night. I could hear his footsteps and feel his presence behind me. He may have multiple personalities like Kiba. Because with me Itachi seems different than he was back with Iruka. I felt so angry seeing him acting like a bastard with Iruka sensei.

I hear him coughing several times and I'm sure it's to get my attention. When it started to get annoying, I speak,"What is it?" Itachi speaks in response,"You told me that everyone here knows my brother, how's that?" I look at him weirdly. I tell him,"You two are brothers. Yet you still don't know what he does and how is he?"

Itachi says,"It's not like that. I was away from him for years." I assumed,"So you were abroad." In response he was silent. I didn't intend to ask more questions because I didn't have the mood to extend the conversation as I was actually try to get this over with. I was supposed to go back and work on my assignments. I wonder if Kakashi will let it go if I tell him about Itachi interrupting my study schedule.

Itachi asks again,"So, how is he popular in here?" I reply in a duh tone,"Because he's an Uchiha." Itachi nods as he looks satisfied with the answer. Itachi asks,"So, is he dating anyone?" I frown. I snap,"How could I know that! I'm not his friend!" Should I tell him about his brother's weird habits and lifestyle? I guess it's not my place to say all that.

I take him to the dormitory. I tell him pointing to the large building,"This is for the student council of this school. Except for them, literally nobody lives here." I tell him as he was looking up to the building,"I'll be going back from here. I hope you'll be able to find your brother's room by yourself now." I was about to turn my back but Itachi got me by my arm. I was stopped on my track.

My patience is running thin at this point. When I look at him, he smirked at me. He says,"Your responsibility doesn't end here. You know, I'm kind of scared of my brother." I yell,"What! You are older than him for god sake!" He just gave me a pitiful smile. I can't believe this. I know this looks ridiculous and I'm going along with all of it but something doesn't feel right here.

I sigh. I ask him,"Then what do you want me to do?" Itachi shows me his puppy eyes. He says,"Please stay with me until I exchange a few words with my brother." I pull myself back pushing him away angrily. I tell him,"Alright. After that we'll be parting our ways." Then he shows me that damn mischievous smile. As if in that smile, a thousand things are hidden.

This building being engulfed by silence. I wonder how can Hinata live here. This feels like an abandoned island. The floor, where Sasuke lives is the creepiest. I hate to admit that I feel intrigued that I want to explore more about Sasuke, about his everything. Because of that, I got into trouble What if seeing me makes him angry? He and his friends are the worst.

The floor, the start of my misery. From here, Sasuke got to know about my mere existence. Without that damn cursed event, Sasuke wouldn't know that someone named Naruto studies here. Does he even know my name?

I tell him pointing to the closed door,"It's your que to knock on that door." Itachi smirks as he asks me,"Are you afraid?" Instead of making a perfect lie, I ended up stuttering,"O-Of course not." In response, Itachi chuckles. I hate to admit but his personality seemed cool to me while I hated his brother's personality.

I was almost hiding behind Itachi's body. He seems to have a tall and lean figure. He has broad shoulders and his hair ends down to his shoulders. His face is identical to Sasuke. More like a little older version of Sasuke. But Sasuke looks like an angel while Itachi looks the opposite. Sasuke is like what they say about not judging someone by their appearances. He's scary.

After some minutes, the door flings open. I got scared that I unintentionally took some steps back. I couldn't see both of their reactions but there was a few moments of silence. I want to know what is happening. Then I hear his voice,"What are you doing here?" He sounds angry.

Itachi seems to reply calmly as if his anger doesn't affect him unlike how he sounded so scared of his younger brother,"Can't I just visit my brother?" Sasuke says coldly,"At this hour? Seriously brother, you need to leave me alone at this point." Itachi voice changed as well. He says,"You should stop saying that before..."

Then suddenly he stopped talking. All of a sudden, he turns around. I suddenly feel weird around him. From what I see, he's smiling at me. Then I feel another pair of eyes looking at me. Sasuke's eyes are wide as he looks confused to see me with his older brother. He says,"What is he doing here?"

Itachi says,"Do you know him?" Sasuke was silent for a moment before he speaks. He said,"No." My eyes grew wide. I bite my bottom lips. I can't stand when people lie like that. But I don't say anything in response. If he wants to act like that, I'll do the same. I am not desperate enough to prove that I'm known to him.

Itachi is seemingly analysing both of us. I tell Itachi,"So, I was supposed to stay here till now. I'll be going back." I turned around. Then Itachi speaks,"I'm Itachi Uchiha. You know that right?" I turn my head and nod. He says,"I'll get your number. I owe you so.."

I wanted to waver it off as I tell him,"It's fine." But Itachi says,"It's not. I want us to meet again." I was surprised. But seeing Sasuke's face, as if doesn't want that, I felt like going against him. I ended up telling Itachi,"If that is what you want." Sasuke's reaction was surely priceless as I said that to Itachi boldly.