Meaningless Trouble

Nickolas

"Oh my God! I finally get to have everyone over for another sleepover," Laura squeals as we all walk in with snacks, that had just come from the neighborhood market. We also ordered food from El Sabor and desserts from Mañana Delights where we briefly talked to Mateo's dad. For a dad who is so nice and kind, how is his son the way that he is at school?

"What do you guys want to watch," Antonio, asked as we sat everything down on the ground.

"What is this "Ugly Betty" y'all keep telling me about," Luis, who we had on FaceTime on my iPad, inquired.

"Damn, if we show you that, we'll have to rewind our position in the series," I tell him, setting my iPad on an empty movie theater seat. Yes! Laura's parents have a home movie theater. It's pretty cool in here! 2 rows of 5 Leather reclining movie theatre seats, a retractable screen that retracts in the wall, a high-definition projector, mounted to a ceiling adorned with dimmable overhead lights, and LED lighting.

I remember Laura telling me her parents had this house built when the neighborhood was first being built. Laura's dad being a realtor, it was only natural that they have a beautiful house ourselves.

"Let's watch something boring so we can talk," Angel suggested, coming in with the rest of the food. "I am dying to tell you guys what the hell has been going on!"

"We also have to plan you two's birthdays that are coming up," I mentioned, squinting and pointing to both Laura and Angel as we tore into our bags. "Angel, you're celebrating your 16th and I don't want to hear no bullshit about it!" And I mean that shit!!!

"Exactly!" Antonio, sitting down and surfing Netflix, backed me up.

Tony ended up putting on the news channel to pass the time while we talked about Angel's party. Again, we're probably using Laura's extra house. It's becoming a popular destination. So much so that Laura has to make sure that not many steal-worthy items are in the house. Which can be irritating to keep track of.

"Hey baby," a soft voice behind me greets us. Well, Laura, I'm assuming. "Hi, boys!"

"Hi Mom," Laura greets back. We all follow behind with our respective responses, including Luis on the iPad in his hotel room, eating.

"Hey Mrs. Gomez," I greeted the woman standing with a brown leather jacket, white T-shirt, jeans, and boots to match the jacket. Her hair was brown, different from her usual blonde. Mrs. Gomez loves to dye her hair from time to time.

Laura's Mom, Alma Gomez. This woman may be the nicest woman I've ever met! The first time I met her, she instantly welcomed me into her house with open arms.

"I have to go back to the office to finalize some things with your father. We have to come up with a name for the neighborhood," Mrs. Gomez explained. "Are you and your friends fine with being alone for a minute?"

"Yes Mom, we will be fine," Laura responds with a smirk.

Mrs. Gomez left after telling us to clean up after ourselves when we were done. We go back to our conversation which is becoming redundant. Of course, the location was set. She might hire a different DJ since my father was busy with his album press run, non-alcoholic drink bar, food, etc! But Angel wanted something different.