My Angel

Angel

I sit here, watching everyone go wild—dancing, sipping punch like it's straight from a fancy kitchen bar. Laura's folks are like, loaded loaded, not just rolling in dough.

The living room's massive, like a legit ballroom, lit up with cool blue and white lights instead of the regular lights. Music's blaring, people are everywhere, and guess where I am? Solo, of course. And let's not forget, I was practically under a spotlight earlier with everyone eyeing me. I mean, yeah, I know I look good, but seriously, what did I do to deserve that?

Now, I'm laying low, not trying to steal Andrés' thunder, even though he's not exactly my favorite person.

"Mind if I take a seat next to you?" A deep, soft voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned around, and there he was—white as snow with his outfit on and striking. It matched his smooth skin perfectly.

I let out a subtle huff, wondering why he'd choose to sit beside me. Can't he recognize who I am? This mask and hair aren't exactly foolproof now! "Shouldn't you be out there enjoying the party?" I asked, taking a sip of my punch.

"Mmmm," Andrés hummed, lips pursed as his eyes scanned the crowd from behind his eye mask. "Not really my thing," his voice rising over the music. "Emily, my girlfriend, is missing, Lucas, my best friend, is off partying with random girls, and Mateo, my other buddy, is nowhere to be found."

"Hm." I took another sip of my punch. "Two questions for you: Why choose me to talk to, and what's the story behind throwing this party if you're not into them?"

Andrés flashed that familiar smirk, the one he wears when mischief is on his mind. Setting his cup down, he shifted his body toward me, getting closer, a move that should've unsettled me, yet I welcomed it.

"I threw the party hoping the person I wanted to talk to would show up," Andrés locked eyes with me. "But I knew they wouldn't, which is another reason I'm bummed. Yet, as I look at you, I think maybe he did show up tonight."

A smirk slowly crept onto my face, a warm feeling enveloping me. Why was I getting fuzzy over someone I didn't even like that much?

Suddenly, a commotion erupted near the entrance. Surprisingly, we could spot it despite the noise. Andrés and I exchanged a confused look, both instinctively getting up to investigate.

As we approached, the screech "Where is he?" accompanied by an irritating voice became clearer. We weaved through the crowd, everyone parting to make way for Andrés, their eyes on us. The person screaming remained vague. People were still eyeing me, some smiling, others trying to figure out who I was.

Finally reaching the entrance hall, Brook, standing with Carlos of all people, was in distress. Laura and Nicky observed while sipping drinks. I didn't know if Carlos walked in with her or just got caught in the middle, but I didn't like the look of this. Despite not liking Mateo or his friends at all, my heart, without knowing the full story, began to ache for him, and strangely enough, for Andrés too. Why? Maybe it's because he and Mateo are friends, and I feel what he fe—okay, time to slow down. I don't know how he feels.

Wait a minute... Well, do I?

Antonio

Luis and I made our way toward the entrance, marveling at the extravagantly beautiful house outside, a clear sign that Laura and her parents spared no expense. The buzz of excitement continued as we entered, and people's eyes were on us, just as Angel had warned me when he texted about his arrival.