Not Anymore

Nickolas

"Thanks, Mr. Santos," I expressed gratitude as he placed a cup of iced tea in front of me.

"No problem, bud!"

While he walked away, I gazed out of the window, waiting for my meeting with Antonio. Tony and I had been brainstorming a collaboration, considering this as the perfect time for him to kick off a music career.

Thoughts of the recent chaos filled my mind. It had been a hell of a semester, forcing me to catch up on assignments and neglect my music. The album's deadline for completion loomed in just over a year, set for December.

"¡Disculpa que llegué tarde, amigo! Estaba con mi mamá buscándome un coche," Tony's accented voice interrupted my thoughts as he joined from the adjacent booth.

"No problem, Tony! How was the car search?" I inquired.

"It was fine! My mom is being picky because I have so many music gigs, and she thinks I need a stupid SUV," he shared, settling into the booth.

I chuckled. "She might be onto something."

"Man, I'm a sports car boy! I don't do soccer mom and dad grocery getters," he declared. "So, what's the plan for our studio session?"

"Well, first things first, my dad has agreed to let you join his label after seeing you sing. That was phenomenal, man!" Dad saw a video of Antonio and instantly became hooked!

"Thank you, Nick! I appreciate that."

"You're very welcome. My album comes out in 2018, I'm hoping. So, we have until December of next year to finalize the album and get it ready for promotion. I want to use our collab for a promo single," I explained.

"What genre, Nick?"

"It's hip hop, but I might add some dancehall records in there and see which one is right for us," I said. "None of the little EDM songs I'm used to doing. I'm trying to reinvent myself before I fully reveal myself. And I don't want to give any hints of my hidden life yet until this album is out."

"You know your secret is safe with me, Nicky." I smiled at him. Antonio shot back an assuring warm smile.

"Thanks, Ant. You're the best."

As we discussed the record, I felt like I was embarking on a new journey. It felt great and exciting, and I looked forward to what the next two years held. I am also thankful I'm finally able to tell more people about myself! I wanted to tell my closest friends for the longest! But for the sake of me and dad's plan, we were absolutely going to wait until the right time. Which meant slowly telling my best-friends what was going on.

Me and Antonio are engrossed in writing. Then suddenly, three familiar faces show up. The more I explained the music routes, they approached. The conversation continued, and Mateo, Lucas, and Andrés walked toward the front door. Tony, once realizing I was staring at them, looked as well.

A near-death-like groan let out of his mouth. "Why are they everywhere we go, man," Antonio grumbled to himself. "You know what, let's ignore them. What are the ideas for the beat? I think we should choose a mix between hip hop and Latin," I continued in his cute accent.