21.THE END OF PHASE

Thank-you so much for 100k+ on FSL❤

“If forever does exist,
please let it be you.”

Anaya's POV

We reached the restaurant as mentioned by his parents for a family dinner planned for the reunion of Papa and his dad as they met each other after so many years. 

"Welcome Sudhir and Anaya ” His dad called, waving to inform us where they were actually sitting. 

I sat next to her mom and Papa sat next to his dad on the opposite sofa and he found a place to sit on a chair adjacent to us. 

“Vihaan, where are your friends?” His mom questioned him while her eyes searched for someone at the entrance.

“They won’t be coming. I asked them a few times to join us but they didn’t say yes” He informed quickly, glimpsing over her face and continuing his eyes back to his phone screen.

I picked up my phone and opened our chat to text him - Is it a manner to use your phone when you are at dinner? 

  The message was sent and he quickly looked at me, perhaps the message got delivered to him.

He looked down again and started typing while I waited for his message. My phone screen turned on with a message - I was finding a way to talk to you but good to see your text first. I must say yellow suits you. 

I was reddened ,reading his text. “Anaya,what happened?” I heard his mom’s voice and I saw her looking at her son and quickly her eyes shifted to see me. I moved my head side by side followed by a slight smile to inform everything was alright.

After we placed an order , papa, and Uncle shared some of their childhood incidents when they stayed at Pathankot. Vihann tried giving me signs to join him outside. Maybe he wanted to talk about something important- this is what I assumed from his actions but I refused.

A notification tone informed me of his message - Can we meet outside for a while?

I lifted my eyes to frown at him but he stayed on his request. Suddenly his dad coughed intentionally resulting in him to resume using his phone.

“Sudhir, if you don’t mind, can my son talk to your daughter, you know privacy? I guess they are getting bored sitting with us.” His dad chuckled. “Dad, you have misunderstood me.”He tried covering up his actions.

“I am observing your tactics. Anaya and Vihaan, you can go and talk for a while.” His dad said and Vihaan looked at Papa and started speaking “Uncle, Can I talk to your daughter?” 

“Yes, and I am extremely sorry for - ”

“No uncle. I can understand your concern. I am sorry for hurting you “He cut Papa’s words as soon as he said sorry.

“We will call you once the order arrives,” Papa said. I raised from my chair heading towards the corridor of the restaurant and he followed me.

“I am sorry” The first thing said by him as soon as we arrived there.

“That wasn’t your fault” I turned to look at him.

“You suffered all this because of me” He continued, slowly blinking once and his head slowly turned down to look at the ground. I listened to him silently as today was no less than suffering.

“Well, Congratulations Ms.Anaya Mehra. Finally, you will begin your new phase of your life as Asst. HR manager” He smiled proudly announcing my designation and his eyes sparkled reflecting how proud he is.