15.THE LONG DISTANCE

"Distance gives us a reason
to love harder."

VIHAAN'S POV

"Garv, stop giving me these scary looks" I said, innocently sitting next to him on the bed in my room.

"No no no. I should be grateful all my life as you gave me this piece of information that I, Garv Singh Chauhan, is afraid of rats. " He said sweetly ,which I knew was a taunt actually.

"Oh, Dhruv is scared of rats. My mistake " The words resulted in puzzling his eyes.

"Are you okay? Is there any stress?" He gazed, checking my body temperature on my forehead with his left hand.

"Why? "

"Nobody is scared of rats from our trio "

"Achaaa.”I nodded even though I knew it was a lie.

"Indore aakar mind me asar ho gaya kya? Abhi uncle ko call karke kehta hu ki apne bete ko Jaipur shift karado warna MBA ka pata nahi par mind mai asar ho jaega "He started dialing a number on his phone .

(Have you been affected mentally after visiting Indore? I will call and inform uncle to take you back to Jaipur because I don't know MBA but your brain has been affected? )

"I am fine. I am fine. I think we should sleep " I snatched his phone and covered myself in a blanket.

"Dhruv bhi same haraketin karta Geet se milne ke baad. Tuje bhi koi mil gayi hai kya?" I heard his voice but I didn't respond.

(Even Dhruv used to behave in the same manner after meeting Geet. Have you found someone? )

"Bewafa bewafa bewafa nikla hai tu. Juthi dosti juthi dosti. " I heard him singing by replacing the lyrics in the original song with no answer from my side.

AFTER FEW DAYS

"Ana, talk to me. You neither reply nor talk from the past ten days " I ran behind her on the college campus due to her brisk walk.

Her walk loosened the speed only to stop and turn to face me "Rats don't talk, do they? " She smirked.

"What should have I done during that situation? Garv , meet Anaya, she is the one whose perfume left the fragrance on my T-shirt and that hair was hers" I replied frustratingly as she wasn't able to understand my reason .

"There were several ways to give him the reason why you locked the door like it's not opening. I don't know how it closed but you chose to call me a chuha, seriously Vihaan " She complained resuming her walk making me follow her again.

"You are offended because I call you chuha a rat? Aren't you one who screams when Zade Meadows calls Adeline a little mouse?" The quick reply stopped her movement, making her eyes shift on me and her stunned face made me gulp down my throat.

"Did you read that book? " She put forward a question , coming closer and raised a little.

"I didn't "

"How do you know Zade uses little mouse to call Adeline ? " She narrowed her eyes, balancing to stand on her toes.

"Social media, memes, reels etc " I replied, looking into her eyes.

"Are you sure you aren't lying? "

"Why would I? "

"Okay. Apology accepted " She said, lowered her height standing on her feet.

AFTER 20 DAYS

ANAYA'S POV

"All the best, Khushi. Do well in your last paper" I hugged her as I am going back to Hyderabad this afternoon.