18.THE BIRTHDAY

“Life is a collection of moments”

Vihaan's POV 

Two months have passed in a blink since we joined our final year. Tomorrow is my Ana's 22nd birthday. 

Taking a quick look at the clock hanging on my room wall ,it showed the time as 11.50pm.I chose the plan to send her a message instead of calling at this time as she stays with her roommate, Khushi. 

Mom and Dad asked me to plan something special but they aren't aware of the plan I made to make her day memorable one.

The Next Morning 

Anaya's POV 

The alarm on my phone disturbed my sleep and my hand stretched to get my phone from the table . My sleepy eyes tried to check the time and it was 7am in the morning. I moved my eyes   on my left side only to notice Khushi sleeping on the next bed hugging her soft toy which is a dolphin. 

Sitting on my bed, I stretched my arms, folded my blanket ,placed the pillows back and headed to take a shower as my lectures are scheduled after one hour. 

After a while 

“Happy Birthday Anaya ” Khushi wished, hugging me from behind, in her sleepy voice,her head resting on my back.

"Thank-you but get ready,  you have your lectures to attend” I shook her face to wake her up . 

“I have my lectures in the afternoon today, let me sleep again ” She informed and snuggled inside of the blanket hugging her soft toy. 

After having my breakfast,  I headed towards my college to attend the lectures but heard my phone ringing only to find out it was my papa's call. 

“Good morning papa” I wished him, walking on the campus passing by the ground nearby where few students gathered to play basketball. 

“Happy birthday beta. Wish you a long and healthy life ” 

“Thank-you so much papa ” I replied and heard Jinnie as well. 

“Thank-you Jinnie. I miss you both ” I said but stopped noticing Vihaan approaching me and I pointed him to stay silent informing him it's papa in the call moving my lips without any word. 

He remained silent and followed me until I reached my block. 

“Yes papa. Have a great day ” And I cut the call. 

“Happy Birthday, Ana ” He wished, widening his arms but putting it down when he realized we were in college. 

“Thank-you so much ” I smiled, keeping my phone inside the bag. 

“Haven't you checked your phone today? ” He asked, thinning his eyebrows,staring at me. 

I shook my head left to right informing him that I didn't. 

“That's the reason you haven't replied to my message ” He continued while my hand opened my bag zip to take my phone out. 

After turning my data on, the notifications flooded with wishes and  his message was sent at exactly 12 midnight. caught my eye. 

“Sorry, you know I don't have a habit of checking my phone in the morning ” I clarified though he is familiar with my habit. 

 He ascended the stairs ahead of me while I followed him clicking on his message. 

“Happy Birthday Ana, ” I started reading slowly and he turned to get my phone, stopping me on the first floor and we stood facing each other. 

“Let me read it for you ” He announced, looked down on my phone screen and began reading after checking if any of our friends were listening to us.