4.THE SECRET CHEERLEADER

❝Your eyes answer all the hidden questions which words fail to do it ❞

ANAYA'S POV

At Hostel Room

Evening 4pm

"Hi,how was your first day?" Khushi asked as soon as I entered the room. She was busy applying nail paint on her nails.

"It was ... okay" I replied, throwing my bag on the bed . She stopped and kept her nail paint aside , stood while I headed towards my cupboard to get my towel , an oversize t-shirt of gray shade along with black pajamas.

"Hey Anaya, you don't look fine.Tell me what happened?" She started questioning while I ignored because I don't want to share it at this point.

"I'll change first , I am tired please" I said, opening the bathroom's door.

I closed it and opened the tap. My eyes started shedding tears without any effort. I wanted to shout, scream but I couldn't do it.

Papa will call anytime to know about my first day, I have to pretend that everything is fine . I can't give him any hint about today's incident.

I washed my face and changed my clothes. I came outside only to see no one was there. I guess Khushi went outside.

I glanced at the phone screen to check the time and it was 4.25pm. From 4.30pm onwards, the hostel mess will provide tea and coffee for the students. I want coffee but I don't have any strength to get out of my bed.

I laid down on the bed only to find myself thinking about how I am going to stay here. Am I worthy to do it?

I heard my phone ringing . I extended my hand to get it from the side table which is placed between our beds. Basically,Khushi's bed is on the right side and mine is on the left.

The screen displayed "Swastik Bhaiya"

I can't ignore it otherwise he will start worrying. I took a breath and answered,"Hi bhaiya, How are you and Papa Kese hai?"

"Hello Anu, we are good. How are you? Did you eat your lunch? Why are you sounding low?"

"I am fine. I had my lunch just an hour back." I lied as I was in no mood to eat anything.

Then he started asking about the lectures and college . I replied that everything is good, because I don't want to trouble my family.

"Anaya, pick the video call. Jinnie is back today"

I cut the call and switched it to facetime.

"Jinnie,my baby. Are you missing me?" I smiled looking at my cutie.

I heard my cutie's voice . I am missing my Jinnie who can lighten my mood in a fraction of seconds. We were busy talking and suddenly I heard the sound of someone opening the door.

It was Khushi with two cups in her hands .I disconnected the call as Bhaiya said he got some work so he will call back soon.

"I think you should have your coffee. I don't know what has happened but still we can enjoy our coffee tea time"She said, handing me a cup along with some biscuits.

She sat near me on the bed and we started sharing about many things like our school, college and what not. I got a text in our class group informing us about tomorrow's schedule.

I kept my phone back and we continued chitchatting.

THE NEXT DAY

"How am I looking?" Khushi asked, facing me to show her outfit.