44 | Serious

sorry for the late update guys, i've just been going through a hard time with my mental health and have been feeling lonely 😭 ill be okay soon!!

ATHENA RUSSO:

The sound of my foot tapping impatiently on the hard floor echoes through the room as I struggle to contain my frustration. Quietly, under my breath, I curse my brothers for their tardiness, feeling the irritation and impatience building inside me with each passing moment.

"You know Hades, one thing about you is that you notice things straight away," I suddenly say to him, crossing my arms.

He shrugs, peeling an orange as he stands beside me. "It's not hard to look around your surroundings. By the way, you want me to get you a chair while you wait?"

I shake my head, my eyes fixed on the window, as I wait impatiently for my brothers to arrive.

He hands me the unpeeled orange, and I glance at him with a hint of confusion before deciding to dismiss it and proceed to eat the orange while I wait.

A few minutes later I saw a car park in front of the manor. I crack my knuckles as I walk towards the front door with Hades following behind me.

"Wait."

I halt and turn around, confused, "What?"

Hades gently clasps my hands and says, "You really shouldn't punch them. You might end up hurting yourself."

"But Lorenzo deserves it—" I take a deep breath and nod, "Okay. Yeah, you're right."

As Hades flashes a reassuring smile, he graciously opens the door for me. Stepping outside, I observe my brothers emerging from their car, their expressions betraying a hint of nervousness.

As I stand still, I suddenly feel a presence beside me. I turn my head and see Hades standing right next to me. He gently places his hand on my shoulder, and I can feel his cool touch through my clothes. I can't help but wonder what his intentions are, as his expression is unreadable.

My brothers make their way toward us. Lorenzo and Dante glares at Hades while The rest of them look guilty.

"Hey Athena," Dante mumbles, walking up to me. I step forward to hug him but Hades holds me back. My eyebrows furrow as he lets go of me and steps toward Lorenzo.

Next thing I know Lorenzo is on the floor and my brothers are pointing their guns at Hades.

I blink, processing the fact Hades just punched Lorenzo. I slowly face Hades, speechless. Did he just punch Lorenzo for me? Does he want to die?

Hades grins at me, proud of himself while I take a deep breath.

"Don't point your guns at my husband," I sigh, not having the energy to raise my voice.