39 | Wedding Day

I promise I didn't forget, I thought I uploaded this chapter already but my wifi has been terrible lately. FORGIVE ME PLEASE 🙏🙏🙏

 FORGIVE ME PLEASE 🙏🙏🙏

ATHENA RUSSO:

As I sit in front of the ornate vanity, surrounded by a bustle of people, I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. The bridal party is buzzing around me, tending to every detail of my appearance.

The air is thick with the scent of hairspray and perfume, as they expertly style my hair and apply makeup to my face. Despite their best efforts, I can't shake the feeling of unease that has settled over me.

As I slip into my dress, I can't help but feel trapped. The thought of getting married in just a few hours seems daunting.

This isn't what I wanted.

I never wanted to be tied down in a marriage. I have always yearned for a life of freedom, where I could live in the middle of nowhere. It may seem like a lonely and desolate existence to some, but to me, it's a vision of pure bliss that I can't help but long for more and more with each passing day.

All the women who prepared me for today finally leave the room and I flop down on the chair and look at the veil on a chair across the room. I sigh and put it on.

I knew the days were passing by quicker than I expected, I was hoping that it was some sort of joke. Some prank. But it's clearly not.

As I stand in front of the mirror, I let out a deep sigh. My eyes trace every inch of my reflection as I take in the sight of a stunning bride staring back at me. The white dress fits me perfectly, and the veil delicately frames my face, making me feel like a princess from a fairytale.

As I take a few hurried steps, I find myself standing in front of the room's massive window, and without any second thoughts, I immediately draw the curtains. My heart is pounding in my chest like a sledgehammer as I pace around the room, trying to calm myself down. But why do I feel so nervous? Why do I have this sudden urge to escape from here?

I jump as I hear a knock on the door.

"Athena it's me, Artemis... and well Noah."

I quickly open the door and see Artemis wearing a beautiful dress with her down and Noah is wearing an expensive suit as he holds his cat, Iris and I see his goddamn dog, Socks stating beside him.

"You brought goddamn animals to my wedding?!" I whisper shout as I drag them both into the room and Socks runs into the room. I keep my eyes on that annoying dog and narrow my eyes at him as I shut the door.

"Of course I did. They always calm you down," Noah says, looking offended.

"Your cat does, your dog doesn't," I mumble.

As I gaze upon Artemis, I can't help but be entranced by her stunning appearance. Her lustrous golden locks cascade down her back, framing her delicate features. The flowing fabric of her dress drapes elegantly over her figure.