Chapter Twenty One- Heart of Magic

"But how can I do that? Wouldn't I die in the process?" Her voice was now calm as the tears subsided. Merlin stood before her as the townsfolk watched the events unfold.

"I did read about that..." Henry began as he walked forward. "It takes a little bit of everyone to make it possible doesn't it?" He asked as he looked to Merlin who slowly nodded.

"You must understand...this is not an easy task...it will take thorough examination and planning."

"I'll do whatever it takes. Please, just...please help us." She said as she looked down to Killian's body who seemed as if he was just sleeping.

"Come with me..." He said as he brought them to his library of magic. Pulling out a book, he opened it and had it floating before them as he read aloud. "The illuminating heart spell," he began with a sigh. "It is like a recipe for those who are true of heart and have an unfinished life. I have seen his sacrifice for you as he came to me to ask how to kill Hades. In literature, Hades is never killed, but it is said in any case, the heart of the truest savior can end all demonic entities, magic, or ailments if desired. But the heart must be selfless and motivated for it to work. In this case, it is a reversing process so the Illuminating heart spell is based on the love of one person to another. And how they believe the deceased person should continue with a life that ended too soon..."

"And how can I do this?"

"As Henry writes a specific passage written in magic by yours truly, it must be written over the heart to work, and you take your love magic-"

"My what?"

"The magic you have based on your love for the pirate..."

"I know only my light magic which is gone..."

"You are radiating with magic dear child..." He said in confusion.

"How do I conjure the love magic?"

"It is different for everyone. Mostly it is a yoga-type pose that places them in a state of contentment. If their love for the deceased is greater than any other emotion in their body-even hate or anger, it will illuminate to the heart directly." He paused.

"What are you not telling us?" Henry asked as he noticed his avoiding of the eyes.

"If this does work, there is no telling how he'll become reanimated. He could be the same man you love or be the man he used to be-maybe even worse. Selfish and even hurtful...there's no way to tell..."

"And since every piece of magic has a price...what is the price for this?"

"When the spell is cast and the heart is created inside the deceased, it slowly disintegrates your heart. Which means you are living through him. Any physical pain he encounters you would also, as far as other things like ailments and lustful moments, these will not matter. Just be sure you are willing for that sacrifice Emma. To risk it all, to risk your heart for a man who was once selfish and cruel..."

"I have learned love is the most powerful magic, if it can create a heart and give life back to the man I love, I am stupid not to at least try."

"Alright. Shall we begin?"