Chapter Eleven- Criss-Cross

"What are we going to do?" Killian asked, his arms flaring before him-reminding him he was still in Emma's body. He closed his eyes as the fact of seeing himself actually standing before him was becoming too odd to handle.

"We can talk to Merlin...see what he can do..." Emma said as she watched Killian close. She found that she picked up the same mannerisms he had-such as the sexy smirk with the slight eyebrow raise and running his fingers against his bottom lip and playing with it as he thought.

"What are we waiting for?" As he spoke for Emma as they left, everyone saw a colder side to Emma almost as if she now lacked the maternal instinct. She appeared distant especially to Henry and connected to Emma even closer-if only they knew....

Racing down the streets, they raced through the forest until they found the entryway to Merlin's Storybrook location. Entering, they saw how he was practicing his magic by organizing or cleaning some books and placing them on the shelves far away from where they were...

"We need to talk to you..." Emma said as Killian avoided looking at himself.

"I see. You two have become the victims of a dear being..."

"A what?"

"A being similar to that of your newest Storybrook additions; Hercules and Hades..."

"Someone from Greek Mythology..." Emma said as she gave Killian a look. Although it was technically herself looking back at her, she took the moment in a short bask before slowly continuing the conversation with Merlin.

"Ate."

"No, we probably should though-" Killian said before being interrupted.

"I was not asking a question. It is the name of the being who did this to you. My guess is since Hades has been released....they also have. And I am guessing there will be many more strange occurrences until Hades is defeated once and for all."

"Can't you just use your wand or something to get rid of him?"

"I have already done all that I can to keep him from harming anyone. But I feel as though I can help with one other thing..." He moved his hands around before standing before them. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath. "Open."

As they did, they found they were back in their own bodies. They both lunged forward before hugging him then each other. "Thank you." Killian said as he turned to leave. He waited for Emma who motioned him to go on ahead.

Merlin stopped her. "I cannot believe you did this for him. He seems daft..."

"He has his moments-but it is only because he does not understand modern things. That being said, he is a very intelligent guy..."

"I see how much you love him and I can see it is returned...but I do not think he will allow you to do this much longer."

"He is unable to handle the darkness. I have been through it once...I can do it again..."

"Just remember...All magic comes with a price..."

"Now you sound like Rumple..." She said before waving goodbye and heading back to town.