Chapter Nine- The Unsettling Silence

Killian held Emma close as they walked up and down the streets of Storybrook. Not even the sound of a bird or a critter sliding across the streets or a wrestle of wind. It was as if it was placed in a stand still of time. Only the sun slowly became hot as they took cover in Gold's shop.

"Do you realize where we are?"

"Yeah....why?"

"This place is covered in what he needs. You can use your light magic to keep him out...right?"

"I can try..." She said as she thrusted her hands before her and light shot from her palms-sealing the doors with an invisible shield that protected them. "But now we have to wait. He took everyone somewhere and we have to wait to see his next move."

"So we will be in here for a few hours at least..."

"Well...I guess so..." She said as she slid her finger at the end of a counter, nicking her finger on the edge and causing it to bleed. She sucked on her finger with made Killian uncomfortable so he turned as if seeing her was a sin. She moved by him and he took her close before placing both hands on her hips.

"The only good thing about being the dark one is that I am able to have both my hands to hold you with." He said pulling her in for a kiss. They shared a steamy moment before he walked her back toward the counter and placed playful kisses on her jawline. But as she remained with her eyes closed to see what moment happened next, she was surprised to find his tight grasp on her throat. She moved to push him away only he did not budge. It was as if he was made from complete cement. Emma could only think of one thing to do.

She closed her eyes tight before lunging her arm forward and reaching into his chest and she had a firm grasp on his heart. But she felt a pull in her soul as if it was being torn from her body. She opened her eyes and saw she was looking at herself but it was not a reflection. It had been her. She reached out and the being standing across from her opened their eyes as well.

"Love?" Emma-Killian asked as he looked up and down his body before looking back at her. "What just happened?"

"We just went all Freaky Friday."

"Freaky what?"

As she explained what it had been, he stood and held his hand over his mouth. "Bloody hell..."