Chapter 39: House keys

His eyes widened as he instantly rushed to follow her, "What was that for? Is this how you treat the birthday boy?" Taehyung huffed as he walked beside her but she rolled her eyes and kept walking faster.

"Don't act like you don't enjoy my presence around you 'cause I know you love to have me around." he commented in frustration as he stood in her way stopping her in her tracks making her almost trip over her own feet.

She furiously snapped her head up to look at him but he found that also adorable.

"Pay attention to me..." he pleaded in a whisper, a sly grin spreading across his lips as he stared at her darkly.

Her cheeks started heating up instantly so she looked away to which he held her arm gently and walked her towards the mansion like a gentleman.

Juhee tried her best to ignore his warm hold on her arm. Her eyes slowly scanned the whole place which was guarded by bodyguards who were bowing to him as they walked past them.

'High security?' she thought to her self.

One of the bearded bodyguard in suit and sunglasses with security earpiece who was standing unfazed like a statue bowed to them before opening the door for them to enter inside, "You must be exhausted and hungry..." Taehyung started but froze as soon as they walked into complete darkness.

Juhee squealed wrapping her arms around his neck in fear, pulling him into a tight side hug with her eyes closed to which he wrapped his arm around her waist protectively as he squinted his eyes looking out for any signs of danger.

Suddenly he noticed something moving in front of them and forced himself to be alert to every sound and movement around them.

He was about to reach for his gun in his back pocket but before that the whole mansion lights up, "Surprise! Happy Birthday Tae!!" he stiffened as several familiar people jumped from behind the couches and other kinds of furniture while his heart fluttered inside of his chest.

His eyes widen as he took in all the people around him, family and friends all in party hats and throwing confetti at him, with big warm smiles on their faces and balloons in the air, one saying 'Happy Birthday Kim Taehyung' in silver lettering behind the big group with the whole mansion decorated just for him.

And then an angelic elderly voice started singing happy birthday, the rest of the people joining in, but his ears focused on the one he wanted to hear the most which was none other than his elder sister and grandma.

He had no idea that his gang members had planned a surpise birthday party for him and also invited his family members too so he was beyond shocked to see them together.

But they all immediately froze and silence fell at the sight of a beautiful young girl in his arms in the doorway.

She pressed her face deeper into his neck to hide her face with bated breath. Her warm breath on his neck sent his heart in a flurry of wild beats.

They were all confused about what to do next as well as Taehyung who stared back at them clearly confused about how to handle the situation and come up with a successful solution without being suspected by his own gang members who made him feel intimidated.

They could all probably tell that Taehyung was shook as he wasn't really able to do much more than stare in awe at them.

Jungkook quickly started clicking their pictures with his cell phone from which he was supposed to film the birthday celebration with a blank face.

"Who is she?" Hoseok impatiently asked in a whisper.

"You mean the girl in his arms?" Namjoon asked the obvious as he stood beside him equally starstruck by the scene.