Consequences

One would think that taking a person-sized boulder straight to the leg and subsequently having it trapped beneath said boulder would hurt. That was the exact thought running through (Y/N)'s mind as he looked at the bloody pulp that was once his right leg. The sound of the battle around him faded out as his ears began ringing

Then the shock wore off.

"God fucking damn it!" (Y/N) screamed, "Tyson! Tyson, I need help!"

Tyson was preoccupied with Polyphemus, who had successfully garnered a moment's hesitation from the smaller Cyclops through pity. Instead, Percy ran over, sand flying as he slid next to (Y/N).

"Shit, shit, shit!" (Y/N) yelled, panicking. "Fuck, I can't fucking feel it!"

"Alright man, calm down a sec," Percy said, starting to push on the boulder. It didn't move an inch. (Y/N) did his best to help, but he couldn't even reaching ok the boulder, much less assist in pushing it.

Quick CW here: Severe blood and gore, self-amputation. Skip to next bold if needed.

"Shit," (Y/N) sighed, breathing heavily. "Percy, I... I think you need to cut it off."

"What? No, just... give me a second," Percy objected before trying to push again. Same result as last time. (Y/N) took off his suit jacket and began tying it around his leg, trying to cut off the blood flow onto the white beach.

"Percy, that's not doing a damn thing," (Y/N) said, tightening the tourniquet. "Get out Riptide and cut off my damn leg!"

"(Y/N) settle down, just-"

"Percy, cut my leg off right now or I will personally redirect your soul to hell!" (Y/N) yelled, catching Percy's attention. "If you won't do it, give me Riptide and I'll do it myself."

"No, no, just..." (Y/N) grabbed Percy's arm and looked him square in the eyes.

"Percy, just do it," (Y/N) said, "or I won't be able to get off this God-forsaken island."

Percy nodded before raising Riptide up high. (Y/N) transformed Tentazione into its pistol form before putting the slide in his mouth. If Polyphemus was using noise to track them, then he'd want to mute his inevitable shouts of pain.

Percy swung Riptide down as hard as he could. The Celestial Bronze cut cleanly through (Y/N)'s muscle but practically bounced off his bone. Percy raised for another swing.

THWACK

Percy hit a slightly different spot, severing a little more muscle, but still leaving the bon as it was.

(Y/N) whipped his head around, just trying to find something sharp he could get under. He was able to spot a shiny, jagged piece of boulder just out of reach.

"Percy, see that jagged stone over there?" (Y/N) asked him. "The one that looks like it could become a spearhead with a little sharpening? Give me that."

Percy nodded his head, giving (Y/N) what he had asked for. "Are you sure you have it from here?" he asked.

"Yeah, amazing what they teach during the winter at camp," (Y/N) said. He knew the medical stuff, sure, but one false move would still surely result in him bleeding out. Percy nodded his head before turning around and moving to help Tyson, who had just struck Tyson with a tree, enough force behind it to send Tyson flying back, leaving a trench in the sand. Percy shouted something, but (Y/N) was concentrating too hard to hear it. He had just wiggled the sharp rock under his leg and got to cutting. It hurt like a bitch, but he had put Tentazione's slide back into his mouth to keep himself quieter. More than once he was tempted to throw the rock in pain, but he reminded himself what he was doing.