Dinner and Meeting People

(Y/N) was awoken by another camper shaking him from his slumber. It was a... person... definitely a person, with brown hair that slowly became pink at the ends. They had similarly colored eyes, the right brown and the left pink. They were wearing a different colored camp shirt, pink and cut into a crop top. Their jeans had been cut into shorts with frayed ends, with sneakers colored black and pink.

They held up a note to (Y/N)'s face that had only a single word. 'Dinner,' the note read. (Y/N) nodded his head and threw the top of the sleeping bag off of himself and saw a new t-shirt at the foot of it. It was the same classic orange t-shirt that he had seen a lot of the other campers wearing, bright orange with 'Camp Half-Blood' in black, blocky script over a black pegasus. (Y/N) threw it on over his current shirt and got ready to leave when he suddenly heard Luke yell.

"Cabin Eleven, Fall, IN!" the older boy yelled, causing the person who woke (Y/N) up to wince. That didn't stop them, though, as they led (Y/N) into the commons yard. Everyone lined up in order of seniority, with (Y/N) and Percy bringing up the rear. Campers came from the other cabins as well, all except for the three empty cabins and cabin eight, a cabin that was starting to glow silver as the sun went down. Everyone marched up the hill to the mess pavilion. All of the non-demigod campers joined them as well. Satyrs from the meadow, naiads from the canoeing lake, and a few girls coming out of the woods, literally. One girl, looking about nine or ten years old, melted from the side of a maple tree and started skipping up the hill.

In all, there were maybe a hundred campers, a few dozen satyrs, and a dozen assorted wood nymphs and naiads.

At the pavilion, torches blazed around the marble columns. A central fire burned bright in a bronze brazier about the size of a bathtub. Each cabin had its own table covered in white cloth trimmed in purple. Four of the tables were completely empty, but the table from cabin eleven was way overcrowded. Percy had to squeeze on the edge of a bench with only one cheek actually on it. (Y/N) didn't even manage to get a seat, having to sit cross-legged on the ground.

Finally, Chiron pounded his hoof on the marble floor of the pavilion, causing everyone to fall silent. The Centaur raised a glass, yelling, "To the gods!"

The campers raised their glasses and shouted in kind, a mass toast to the divine. Wood Nymphs then came forward with massive plates of food; grapes, apples, strawberries, cheese, fresh bread, even barbecue! (Y/N) and Percy wondered when the drinks would come, but Luke informed them of what the cups really were.

"Speak to it. Whatever you want, non-alcoholic, of course," the head counselor explained.

"Cherry Coke," Percy said, and the glass filled with what he had requested. "Blue Cherry Coke," he corrected, the liquid in the glass aquessing to his request.

"Whiskey," (Y/N) said, joking around. The glass didn't like the request much, flying right into the boy's face and bonking him on the nose. "OW!" he exclaimed. "That was a joke, you pricks."

"Told you, non-alcoholic," Luke chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah," (Y/N) sighed, holding his nose in pain. "Chocolate Milkshake." The cup filled with the requested drink, just as it had for Percy. (Y/N) took a cautious sip, finding that it tasted like the best shake he'd ever had. Percy raised his glass in some kind of toast, likely to his mother if the frown on his face was anything to go by.

"Here you go, you two," Luke said, handing Percy a platter of smoked brisket, some of which he took before passing the platter to the one on the floor. Percy was about to take a big bite of food when they both noticed everyone getting up, carrying their plates towards the fire in the center of the pavilion, leaving Percy wondering if they were going for dessert, while (Y/N) wondered if they had all found something wrong with the food.