Escape From St. Louis, On To Denver

(Y/N) opened his eyes, his face completely dry. Wait, that didn't make sense. Didn't he take a swan dive into the Mississippi from the top of the Gateway Arch? How could he be dry? Taking a quick look around, (Y/N) saw all kinds of trash and pollution, covered in a cloud of thick brown smog, some of it even floating in the air. Wait, floating?

"Ah, so you've finally woken up," a voice chuckled from (Y/N)'s left. "I'd recommend being careful, or else the bubble I put around your face might pop."

"Who... are you?" (Y/N) asked. "Where are we? Am I alive?"

"A friend of your father," the voice said, appearing out of the smog. It was a masculine figure wearing a dark green suit with a teal dress shirt and a tie that matched his overcoat. He was clearly aquatic in nature, as his skin was a strange color between that of his suit and shirt, with gills on his neck. His eyes were aquatic green with black sclera, and his mouth was full of sharp fangs. But what really proved that this man wasn't human was the horns coming from his head. They sprouted from his forehead before wrapping around each other, entwining over his scalp.

"As for where we are, why at the bottom of the Mississippi of course. And don't worry, you are very much alive. We still have need of you."

"Need of me? And you never answered my first question."

"I am Leviathan, Prince of Envy," Leviathan explained. "I'm just going to be straight with you; your father's missing. His prolonged absence threatens everything in Hell's hierarchy. If we replace him, some other upstarts in our rings might get... unappreciated ideas. We need you to find him and get him to come back, by force if he's unwilling."

(Y/N) just nodded his head, still shocked that one of the seven deadly sins was right in front of him.

"Good, seems you understand. Now get going, I believe you have some Greeks to assist as well. And don't worry, your music player is still intact."

"Wait, where is-" (Y/N) began, but he was unable to finish as a current of water swept him up to the surface. (Y/N)'s head broke the surface, his face still dry but the rest of him sopping wet. He saw a floating McDonald's where Percy was just starting to exit the water and decided to walk over as well.

A block away, every emergency vehicle in St. Louis was surrounding the Arch. Police helicopters circled overhead. The crowd of onlookers reminded the two boys of Times Square on New Year's Eve.

"Mama! Those boys walked out of the river!" a little girl said, pointing at the two.

"That's nice, dear," the mother said, craning her neck to watch the ambulances.

"But one of them is dry!"

"That's nice, dear."

Closer to them, a news lady was talking to a camera, saying, "Probably not a terrorist attack, we're told, but it's still very early in the investigation. The damage, as you can see, is very serious. We're trying to get to some of the survivors, to question them about eyewitness reports of two people falling from the Arch."

Survivors. Both boys felt a surge of relief. The sound alerted Percy to (Y/N)'s presence.

"Wait, you're alive! How?" the son of the Sea God asked.

"Took a tumble too," (Y/N) said. "Leviathan paid me a visit. Needs me to find my dad, guess he's missing."

"Great, side objectives. Hope Grover and Annabeth got out." They pushed their way through the crowd to see what was going on inside the police line.

"Two adolescent boys," another reporter was saying. "Channel Five has learned that surveillance cameras show two adolescent boys going wild on the observation deck, somehow setting off this freak explosion. Hard to believe, John, but that's what we're hearing. Again, no confirmed fatalities..." The two backed away, trying to keep their heads down. They had to go a long way around the police perimeter, as uniformed officers and news reporters were everywhere. They'd almost lost hope of ever finding Annabeth and Grover when a familiar voice bleated out.