My History Teacher Turns Into Locusts

Should I be starting a new story? No. Should I be paying more mind and attention to the books I already have? Yes. Does my brain refuse to cooperate when I try?

Most definitely.

Anyway, onto the show!

If you're reading this because you think you might be a half-blood, please, take my advice; don't. Close this book right now. Trust in whatever lie your parent or parents told you about your birth, and try to lead the most normal life you can.

Being like us is dangerous. It can be scary. Most of the time, it'll get you killed young, alone, and insignificant in some of the most painful ways you can think of.

If you aren't like us, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Fantastic. Go ahead, read on. I envy you for being able to think none of this ever happened.

If you recognize yourself in thise pages, though-- if you feel something stirring inside-- stop reading immediately. You might be like us. Once you know, it's only a matter of time. They'll sense it too, and they will come for you.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm fourteen years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy. The teachers constantly called me a troubled kid, and I suppose they weren't wrong. No matter how far back in my school career you go, it seems like stuff would always go mysteriously 'missing,' or at least that's what the teachers thought. To tell the truth, most of that stuff is somewhere in my closet. After awhile, my mom took me to get diagnosed, and it turned out I had a whole host of issues. ADHD, Dyslexia, and Kleptomania.

As for when shit really hit the fan, I'd have to say it was around last may. We were on a school museum trip with a couple other classes. While the sixth graders left with their teacher to view the Greek section, us eighth graders went to the section about the Abrahamic faiths. Specifically, a section about versions that were now considered 'apocryphal,' whatever that meant. I had little interest in anything here that didn't carry value or couldn't actually get out with, so I pulled out my DS and started playing the Revenge of the Sith game. I was having a blast, at least until my teacher heard the sound of the lightsabers clashing.

"Well Mr. (L/N)," Ms. Corton, "Since you clearly know all of this already, how about you explain what this fresco shows?" (Y/N) snapped his DS shut, trying to hide it before it could be taken. He slowly, slightly timidly walked towards the front of the group to get a better look at the fresco. He tried to read the text on it for any sort of context clues, but the Latin on it was gibberish. He got a D in that class, so it shouldn't have been a surprise. He tried to examine what the images showed. He could tell it was a figure wielding a sword against a cloud before being thrown downward from it. On the way down, the figure was cut into eight pieces, two of them recombining. Tying back to what he recalled about Abrahamic faiths, he took a shot in the dark.

"It shows the fall of Lucifer," (Y/N) explained. "I guess on the way down, he got split into eight, but two of the parts recombined, making it seven. Seven deadly sins, seven segments of the Devil."

"Good, and what are those seven sins? Why is one larger than the others?"

"Well the large one is probably Pride, the original sin and the one Lucifer was the most guilty of. The other ones are Lust, Gluttony, Wrath..." (Y/N) said, trying to recall the rest. "Envy, um..."

"Greed and Sloth," a voice cut in from behind. "I would've thought you would've gotten those two first, considering your habits, Klep." That was the voice of Serena Jacobs, resident mean girl and basic bitch. She called (Y/N) Klep because he took her eraser one time to scratch something out, she'd called him that since.