Ch.44 A Hero's Resurgence

Taking off the Mask

!Zelda                           Hyrule Castle

The ride back to the castle wasn't the most ideal experience.

Y/N continued to pester me with questions, although she reminds me much of myself when my passions are brimming uncontained beneath the surface.

I had thought these memories of my other incarnations were simply part of being Hylia's descendant. In a way, I enjoyed carrying them as my secret and my secret alone.

But now I have found that Y/N even recalls memories that do not belong to her in this physical incarnation. Then does the same hold true for Link?

Impa?

The champions?

I have enough on my plate in this lifetime; it does not serve me to keep revisiting the past. But at the very least, I have an inkling as to who wrote the book the deity now carries.

And it looks like the comeback of my coveted knight only serves to confirm my suspicion.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"So, you see, Vehvi is the daughter, Vei is the mother, and Vaba is the grandmother." Riju's rich brown eyes were overflowing with the pride of her people.

You sat inside Vah Naboris with the queen, who was across from you, browsing through her Shiekah Slate absent-mindedly. The tension has been high since her expulsion of seething emotions earlier.

"Vei is a daughter, and Vabi is a mother-"

Riju's soft giggle made you realize you were mincing the words. Why was it so embarrassing to speak a language other than your own to a native? You were less embarrassed by seeing Link half naked. Oh Link. How you missed him. It felt like years had passed since you saw him disappear into the Akkala lab, only to be possessed by that pathetic excuse for a deity.

Well, the correct title is thief now.

Riju patted your back. "You were close, Y/N. You'll get it. The Gerudo language is not an easy one, and knowing the words you know will take you far should you visit again."

Vah Naboris rattled briefly, causing you all to lurch in your seats. Riju ran back to her pilot station, muttering. "Ah, Sa'oten, will these guardian hordes ever end?"

"Zelda?" She rolled her eyes upward, acknowledging you.

"What about Sidon and Teba? Will they also be at the castle?"

"They very well should be. I do know Teba had to assist with the throngs of guardians at the neck of Rito Village. But he should be at the castle once we arrive." Zelda stood and peaked out of a small aperture nestled in what was Vah Naboris's abdominal area, where you both resided safe and sound.

"Vah Rudania seems to be keeping up just fine." She remarked in a way that needed no response.

"Um, Zelda?" Upon hearing her name yet again, she glared at you, her eyes sharper than a needle point. You could tell you were wearing her down, but you couldn't help it. How could you even be sure returning to the castle was the right move?