Ch.9 Once in a Blood Moon

Scoping the Lost Relic
!Link                                       East Akkala Stable

It's a blood moon tonight.

Normally, a blood moon is not cause for concern. During the calamity, traveling through the fields at night during a blood moon was precarious. An action so reckless that you deserved the cruelty of the fate you tempted. Its incinerating orange surface became a seductive beckon, drawing forth many of Hyrule's most fierce monsters. Well, maybe not all of Hyrule's fiercest monsters. I couldn't imagine the bad luck of running into a Lynel on a blood moon. The thought alone makes me shudder. 

But since the calamity has been laid to rest, the spell of the blood moon's power has been buried along with it.

But tonight, there is another blood moon.

This is not normal. A blood moon never occurs twice.

I knew from the moment I entered those catacombs that a great evil was lying in wait.

Yet I have never known an evil so grand that it could affect the equilibrium of the stars and planets above.

I must move promptly. Zelda's reaction to this missing mask has me in deep fear that we are on the verge of another calamity. One greater than that of Ganon.

And I may not be the hero who can defeat it.

But who could focus on impending doom when impending love sits by their side?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The extra rupees that Link spent for a soft bed were a waste.

Even the luxury of the sheep's wool that cushioned the insides of the mattress, which you could easily grow accustomed to, was a waste. You didn't sleep a wink.

Questions trickled down the stream of your running thoughts throughout the night.

What would I say to Jerrin and Robbie? How can I afford this? Why would the Queen choose me to accompany Link? Do I even want to do this? Yet, I've never gotten to explore Hyrule. Part of me is so excited. Part of me is so afraid.

Part of me wants to grow closer to Link.

You went outside of the stable to grab a fresh bun from Khini for breakfast. Of course, Hoz was already there, stuffing his gluttonous mouth.

"Good morning, my lady with the lips of a cherry. Sweet one day and tart the next yet always delectable."

You growled, "Hoz, I am not in the mood. And what the hell kind of pick-up line is that?"

"My, you are so cold with me, Y/N. I am the best-looking man in all of Akkala. Most women would faint if I gave them the attention I give you." Half of your h/c hair was secured back with an elastic, as little wisps loosely hung around your forehead. Hoz raised his hand to swipe one of the wisps away. You blocked his hungry hand.

"I am not most women."

He sighed, relentless in his pursuit of you. "Y/N, the more you run, the more I will chase. "He lifted his hand yet again to sweep at one of the wisps of hair on your forehead.

"Cut it out!" You hissed, your patience hanging by a mere thread.

As you raised your hand to block Hoz's again, another hand was there instead. Link stood behind you, holding Hoz's hand in a tight grip. He glowered at Hoz, the disgust not hidden in his downward pout and tight knitted brows.