Ch.5 A Monster of a Man

A Royal Affair
!Link Hyrule Castle

Zelda's coronation ball is scheduled for this weekend. As her personal knight, it is my duty to aid in preparations.

Being busy with the ball will serve me well. Anything to release my neurotic thoughts as of late. I find that I cannot even manage to concentrate on my training without thinking of my last encounter with Y/N.

I have never met a woman with such astounding pride before.

Were my actions not those of a gentleman? Was my offer that insulting?

Then, there are the deeper parts of me that want to find out how she is recovering. Yet I know I cannot.

At least not until the ball. Zelda has informed me that Purah's team from Hateno as well as Robbie's team have been cordially invited. Which means,

Y/N will be in attendance.

Once I gained knowledge of the guest records and saw her name on them, a funny sensation washed over me. My chest was met with a jolt of discomfort. My heart rate accelerated, and I thought for a moment that I may be ill. The paper became saturated from the perspiration of my palms. As I paid attention to the silent language of my body, I realized it was simply nerves.

I was nervous.

So that night, I decided to waive my right to sleep and sneak into the royal library. I became engrossed in the articles of my previous title, The Hero of Time. I also read his account of his findings in Termina. It seems the young warrior was searching for his friend, who departed his side after he saved Hyrule. He found himself within the deepest hollow of a deciduous forest. If Termina exists, the only deciduous forest I could surmise is that of the Lost Woods.

However, I did encounter something troubling. Some of the pages have been torn from the books.

Something is being hidden.

I am Zelda's date for the ball. There will be little time for me to converse with Y/N, if at all. But somehow, some way, I will inform her of my theories. I will politely inquire about her state so that I may rest easy.

Then I will leave her be, if that is her wish.

Though I know it most certainly is not mine.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kilton was a monster of a man.

Whispers passed between the mouths of the residents in Akkala the same way the wind swooshed through their bountiful trees of harvest. People were curious about Kilton and his face, which could freeze an ice wizzrobe with a simple glance. He was the owner of the traveling shop, Fang and Bone. Well, if you could call it a shop, it was more of an oddity parlor masquerading as a shop. Adding more to Kilton's mystique was the fact that his shop was hard to pin down. The Fang and Bone was a vestige of a store the same way Kilton was a vestige of a man. If you were fortunate enough to catch Fang and Bone, it would only be in the wee hours of the night, when monsters would shatter through earth and haunt its plains.

Then there was Kilton himself. His shop specialized in all things weird. All things... occult. Hylia forbids you say that word, however. Admittedly, he didn't attract people who were interested in his shop.

No, they were interested in him. The freak that he was.

Even when he would greet a lone traveler beneath the impasse of moonbeams on a river's surface, they weren't there to purchase stock. They would whip out their Shiekah slates. They would shoot photos of him and laugh.