Ch.12 A Crucial Conviction

Finding the Fang and Bone
!Link Link's Home

Y/N has told me something monumental.

Something that has changed the course of the hunt for the missing mask. I should be happy for this new lead, and yet I can't help but hope it's a misunderstanding.

When Kilton was being brutally tortured by those thugs, he told her of a terrible evil that was about to strike Hyrule.

This coincides with the timing of the power outage; the mask being discovered missing, AND the advent of the blood moon's continuous cycle.

But Kilton? I'd never suspect Kilton, of all people, to commit a crime of this caliber. It pains me to admit that he does deal with masks as part of his profession, making him not too farfetched as a lead. But Kilton was nothing more than accommodating during my journey.

So, the next leg of the journey is quite simple. We must traverse all areas of Hyrule where the Fang and Bone operates. If we are not fortunate enough to encounter him, then I must enlist the help of the champions.

I should only hope the moon does not quench its thirst for blood with the emergence of brutish fiends feasting upon Hyrule once more.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"A great evil is about to befall Hyrule." The man named Kilton held your wrist while a faint stench of iron wafted into your nose from his breath. It was so repugnant; you turned your head in response to it. "Run or you'll be decimated with the rest."

You tried to pull your wrist away. His grip only seemed to tighten the harder you attempted to yank yourself free. Link appeared, wearing an unfamiliar outfit. He had on a long, hand-stitched green hat, that stowed away the short, thick hairs of his ponytail. His verdant tunic was layered atop a bone-white gambeson, a type of garment you recognized from another time period. His tunic was cinched at his waist with a course leather belt. You managed to capture a glance at his face, which also managed to be slightly different from his attire.

Gone were the soft jawline and beleaguered eyes of blue. His eyes were now washed with a temerity you'd never witnessed in them before. His jaw was clutched in concentration. His brow hairs were slightly finer, highlighting the ferocity in his glare. You also noticed his bangs had a middle part; this created the illusion of his face being more open. Expressive. Even his stature seemed to dwarf Link's, as you usually knew it.

He opened his mouth to call out to you, but the words would never reach you.

The firm lips that kept opening and closing with inaudible speech were now pointed and plump. He kept trying to cry out to you, as he fought against his tunic that he was now drowning in. His eyes, which were sharp like the blade of his sword, were now wide-eyed and streaked with panic, like a horse trapped in a barn set ablaze. He stood there, a pint-sized action figure of the once savage warrior who had just made himself known to you.

He shrank into a child? This is the Hero of Time!

"HEY!" He shouted while he kept wildly pointing behind you. You could hear the fear dripping from his voice. You turned back toward Kilton, who, much like the Hero of Time, also underwent a radical transformation.

His two buck teeth were now laced with blood that dripped down his chin. His hollow eyes were ignited with sparks of violent red. The ghastly pale blue of his flesh dwindled into a shade of gray that rivaled arsenic. His face began to flare with pockmarks, pits, and blemishes.