The unexpected

-Uhm...dad?

-Yeah, kiddo?

-WHY ARE WE AT THE POLICE STATION? Daehyun widened his eyes.

-You said you wanna fight, right?

-Not in prison!

-Follow me, scarcely cat, Minho sneaked behind the building and dialed a number.

-What in the world are you doing here, Minho? a door slammed open and a fuming black haired police officer began to shout in Daehyun's dad's face.

-Good to see you too, sir! Minho smiled.

-Don't give me that shit! If Namjoon sees you, you're dead meat. What shit did get your ass in this time?

-Nothing! Minho said offended by the assumption. Yet. I need you to train my son! he pushed Daehyun forward.

-Your what? I thought you were swinging the other way.

-I am still, thank you very much! He's my adoptive son, Daehyun. Daehyun, this is Min Yoongi aka Suga hyung. My former mentor and boss.

-I'm not doing this, Minho.

-Please, hyung! You trained me and look how good I ended up!

-You died thrice. And stole from me.

-And I can assure you he won't do that. Hyung, he's a kid. He is innocent. He's a victim of the Black Butterfly. A survivor. And because of me and Jisung he will most likely get into troubles. Become collateral damage.

-Sounds like a parenting issue, Suga said unimpressed.

-You and I both you won't let an innocent man die. You tried to save me even after I stole from you. Save him. Please!

-Fine, Suga sighed. For the old days. For my favourite student Lee Know.

-Mom, what's going on? the boy started in fear at the locked door.

Someone was trying to take it down and was almost succeeding.

-Leave us alone! the boy yelled before his mother covered his mouth.

-Mrs Im? Can you open the door for us? Lia shouted from the other side? -Who are you?

-We're friends of your daughter! Please! We can get you to your children. Yeji and Seonhun.

-You- You know where he is? Seojoon got up and got closer to the door despite his mother's attempts to hold him back.

-Yes, we know. He's in danger and we need you to save him.

-Lies! My son died in prison! That's what that lady said.

-That lady took your son and now she has your daughter as well. She'll hurt them both if you don't let us in, Mrs Im.

Lia and Karina backed down as the door swung open. Seojoon stared at him in disbelief and caught Karina by her blazer.

-I want my brother! Where is he?

-How did you find us? the mother asked a bit hesitant.

-It's my job to track down people. I understand it must be hard to believe your son and daughter are alive, but we would have gone through all of this for a lie. They are alive and that lady can kill them anytime. Your help is required. Your simple presence will make a difference for both, Karina explained.

-Mom, please! What if Seonhun is alive? What if we can go back to normal? the boy pleaded.

-Can you move it?

-Not really, Hyunjin replied slowly.

It didn't pain him the fact that he was still pretty much immobile as it pained him to bring the news to his husband. He felt like he was disappointing him.

-That's alright. It just needs time, Felix's smile dropped as he stared at the floor.

-Lix-

-Do you think I'm awful? the freckled cut him off.

-What? Why would I think that? Hyunjin was left aback.

-Because we were on a break and we mended our relationship only after you almost died. I'm terrible of a person.

Hyunjin wanted to grab him by the shoulders and maybe shake some sense out of him so badly. Instead he took a big breath and smiled like his mother used to do everytime he would get in trouble.

-Lix, I have no reason to hate you or think you're a horrible person. I've always loved you. Always. I know we started our relationship in an odd way and we had quite a ride. I know it. We had our fights and problems. But who doesn't? This break that we took just brought us closer as friends. As coworkers and as family. It was what we needed. And this near death experience opened my eyes too. I would had kissed you if you didn't do I first. No matter in what form we come... friends, partners, husbands... we are meant to be together. We are meant to come back to each other. Understood?

Felix whiped his tears and nodded.

-Since when are you so wise?

-Since I made the wise decision to love you. I'm sorry I can't hug you or kiss you! I'm scared you'll be stuck with me like this, but I'm trying my best to be positive for you. That's all I've got after all.

-You'll get better, Hyunjin! Until then I'll be here to help you, Felix cupped his face. Whatever lies in store for us we'll be ready.

-Yeah... Hyunjin smiled sincerely before widening his eyes in realization. Whatever lies in store! Hyunjin repeated. That's it! Leader! Call Chan here right now, Lix!

Felix went after Chan confused. In no less than 2 minutes Chan, Changbin, and Jeongin all barged inside the room.

-Lix?

-Jisung said he needed him. What's going on? Are you in pain? Chan got worried.

-I know how to defeat Lucinda.

-You do?

-Lucinda knows us like the back of her hand, right? She's been watching us. She knows everything about us. Our next moves, our pasts, our thoughts. Just like boss did when we first met him. But what broke him during the Europe mission?

-Jeongin's absence? Changbin asked.

-The unexpected. No one saw the traitor coming. That's what we do. We make the craziest decision ever.

-Which is? Jeongin raised an eyebrow.

-We change our leader.

-Huh? Jeongin's jaw dropped to the floor.

-Not again! Changbin whined.

-It won't be you.

-Then who?

-The last person you'd think of, Hyunjin smirked.

-Shit, Jeongin cursed as soon as he realized who was Hyunjin talking about.

-What is he doing here? Lucifer looked at Felix who was as confused as him.

-I need someone to motivate you to fight. And Felix right here is willing to fight you. Not to kill you! he raised his voice. Don't kill him! he turned towards Felix.

-I'll try, Felix shrugged.

-Good. Let's see what you've learned so far, Jisung patted Lucifer on his back.

Suddenly the doorbell interrupted them.

Jisung went to open the door and met with his doppelganger leaning in the doorway.

-What are you doing here? Jisung's hand went for the penknife in his pocket.

-I see Lucifer took care of your face. At least we won't get mixed up anymore, Mephistos snorted. Relax! I'm here with a peace offer. I know something you don't, a smug appeared on his face.

-Why would we trust you?

-Because Seungminnie's life is at stake.