Seonhun's backstory part 3

"Watch your steps, weirdo!"

"Go back to your country!"

"Jeez, it hurts my eyes to look at you."

"Stay away!"

"Nice eyes, Chinese boy."

Seonhun threw a fist into the mirror in frustration and took a second to breathe. He felt his heart beating faster as he tried to convey his emotions.

He washed his bloody hand and picked up the broken glass off the floor in shame as his younger brother watched him with pity.

-Not again, bro... This is the seventh time this week! How many mirrors should mom pull out of the attic?

-This is the last one, I promise.

-That's what you said last time too! And before that! You start to sound like dad, the boy said worried.

-I'M NOT-

Seonhun stopped himself and ruffled his hair to clear his mind.

- I'm nothing like that monster, alright? Just a bit cranky, that's all, he forced a smile.

-Tell that to someone who believes you, man... Mom made breakfast, let's go!

Seonhun remained behind to find a bandage to wrap around his hand.

He took a pillow and screamed in it as he played again and again his brother's words.

He wasn't like his father. He wasn't. He was just overwhelmed. He had a lot to process.

Yeah, that was it. He just needed to keep it calm and slow. He would be better at hiding the rage.

-Seonhun!

-Coming, mom! he went downstairs and plopped on the chair next to her.

-How's school?

-Good.

-Anything interesting?

-Not really. Just school. You know how it is. You've been there, Seonhun tried to avoid the subject as much as possible.

Picking up on him was one. But if his mom knew she would come to the principal. To the school. People would see her. They would know she is single, helpless and God knows what would they do to her.

No. Seonhun brushed away the thought and proceeded to eat the fried egg.

Seonghun searched his backpack like crazy, trying to find his pen. Instead he found a note from his brother: "stole it for today's exam. thanks, bro!"

-For God's Sake, Seojoon, he groaned in annoyance.

He looked around, trying to find a person he could borrow a pen from. All of them hated him. He had literally no chance.

Except... Except for the guy in front of him. He was a nerd, never socialising, always picked on or hated by his classmates. Maybe he would be kind if he knew they shared the same pitiful fate. It was his only shot anyway.

-Do you have an extra pencil?

-What? he turned around confused and cranky.

-A pencil? I forgot mine at home.

Eric handed him his own and turned back to focus on the class. It was that easy... He didn't even look disgusted or anything. He was just a bit grumpy.

-I'm Seonhun, he added, hoping that the interaction wouldn't stop there.

-Good to know, Eric shrugged.