Secrets and fears

Lucinda's Palace

-We could have handled it! Azazel complained.

-I saw, Mephistos snorted. Please, you would have stood no chance if it weren't for me.

-You're getting ahead of yourself, aren't you, punk? he gripped the other's collar.

-Try to hit me and see what happens, Jisung's nemesis threatened.

-Enough! Both of you. This is no way of talking to a friend. This hatred and jealousy must dissappear before I eliminate it myself, Saleos split them up.

-Go and take care of your little fuckboy, Azazel stepped back. He got reckless today.

-I wasn't reckless! That Seungmin guy aimed to the heart. I dodged it pretty well. Such a cutie, he giggled.

-Are you mental? Azazel walked towards the boy and pushed him to the couch. You almost died! Do you not comprehend that?

-I do, Abaddon looked directly in his leader's eyes. Best seconds of my life.

-You are... Azazel bit his tongue to refrain himself from swearing. You've always been like this!

-Always? Lucifer raised his eyebrow intrigued. What do you know? We've know each other for a few years.

-I meant all this time all he did was to ignore me and speak nonsense, Azazel replied.

-Sure, Lucifer pretended that he bought that explanation.

-This drama is delicious, Satan laughed.

-More than this book?

-Of course not, Satan smirked and sneatched the novel from Lucifer's hands. I'll read it first since you're a slow reader.

-Give me a break, old man! Seungmin's nemesis accepted defeat.

-Where we you anyway?

-I had my fair share of fun. You?

-I kept my eyes on the team. Didn't get to action, he stared at Behemoth who was sitting silently in the corner.

Suddenly the door slammed to the wall, almost breaking its hinges.

-Angels! How was today? How did you like Stray Kids? Do you think it'll be easy to break them?

-I already took down 3, Mephistos showed off.

-But not your own nemesis. Focus on him and don't meddle in others' business again. Understood? she frowned at him.

-I guess... he rolled his eyes.

-What was that?

-Yes, ma'am, Mephistos sighed and walked behind Eligor.

-Do not make me regret I chose you, my angels. You all have something valuable at stake. Remember that! she said before leaving the room.

-Oh, Eli, what to do? I get yelled at even though I am doing all the hard work, Mephistos whined.

-Maybe if you shut up, you wouldn't be so unbearable.

-You're so cold... and cool! I can't get mad at you, Jisung's nemesis melted on Eligor's shoulder before receiving a slap.

Mafia's hideout

-Are you alright? Jisung asked his husband who was sitting on the chair in silence.

-I got beaten up by a guy that looked like you. What do you think?

-Is your ego hurt? Jisung tried not to laugh.

The latter was trying to use what Lucifer had given him to obtain some prints and therefore information about their enemies.

-What about you? Minho suddenly asked.

-I didn't fight with anyone. He let me go, Jisung shrugged.

-I know, but I mean... you don't look well.

-Is that obvious? Jisung forced a smile.

-No. I just know you.

Jisung blushed and went to his husband, leaning his head on the older's shoulder.

-I saw Hongjoong. And I can't bring myself to tell Chan.

-I see.

-He looked scared, confused. Like he didn't recognise me. I don't want to give Chan false hope. I know how it is to mourn someone and then refuse to believe they are back.

Minho frowned, feeling the guilt creeping inside his chest. He reached for Jisung and played with his hair to soothe him.

-I'm sorry, princess! I'll say it as many times as it takes.

Jisung didn't say anything and just hugged him, feeling vulnerable again. Like that fear of waking up and finding that it was all a dream was just around the corner. The truth was... he was still terrified to leave Minho's side.

-I better give Seungmin the result, he snapped back to reality. I'll be back.

Minho watched him leave the room and let out a breath. He had something to confess too, but how could he? He didn't want to scare his lover.

-Min!

-On it! the younger flopped on the couch with his laptop in his lap.

-Why would he give it to you so easily? Changbin asked still baffled.

-He was bored. He wanted a fair fight. These people studied us for years, Jisung slammed his hand on the table. They know our weaknesses, our families, our relationships. They'll use every little dirty trick to take us down.

-But why? Chan chimed in. What are they after?

-Got it! Seungmin shouted. Everyone gathered behind him to stare at the screen.

-Eric Lambrook, 22 years old, originally from America, brought in Korea at the age of 16 because of his mother's abusive behaviour.

-So one of them is him. How does that help us? Hyunjin doubted Seungmin's "great discovery".

-He was under his aunt's custody for the past years. Ahn Lucinda. If you look up her name she was one of the protestants that wanted us arrested. Her daughter was found in Italy among the children in the cement.

Jeongin widened his eyes and pushed aside everyone to stare at the news article.

-She thinks we killed her daughter...

-Probably, Seungmin confirmed.

Suddenly the phone rang, making everyone froze in fear.

-Oh, it's mine, Jisung smiled awkwardly.

He answered and called for Minho.

-What's wrong?

-Daehyun is acting up again. School called to announce us how he climbed three levels.

-And?

-From outside the building.

-Oh... He's taking after uncle Yongbok? Minho tried to ease the situation even tho Jisung didn't seem so amused. I'll talk to him, he reassured his husband.

Having to take care of a teenager was beyond Minho's powers and knowledge, which was hilarious at times.