S1-E16: Crisscross

(A/N: Sorry for the wait. I decided to take a break on this one and start a Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated story as well. Be sure to check that out, if you want. I'm now back with this one and will try to finish season 1 before going back to the SDMI story. Just a heads up.)

It is night time in a forest where Silas and three MECH agents are walking around with guns in hand. They are currently looking for a cybertronian that set out an open-channel distress signal. Silas: "Suppression fire only. We take this one alive." They continue walking carefully to where the signal was last picked up, but something rushed by them from behind. They all turn and see nothing 'til Silas fires at the cybertronian to their left. He misses and the cybertronian starts jumping from tree to tree. Two soldiers fire a blast at the cybertronian, but it's too fast for them. It retreats in a canyon (A/N: Or is it a crevice?) and MECH follows. Silas presses a button on his special goggles to see where the cybertronian's signal is. What they also see is a bunch of webs in the canyon, which they find strange, but ignore it. Silas: "Tight formation." he ordered as they jumped down. They follow the signal through the rocky walls and find more big spider webs along the way. They're getting closer to the signal 'til suddenly it seems to leap away. They stand still to see where it is, thinking it's planning a sneak attack, somehow. Suddenly, the three MECH agents got yoinked up by webs. Silas turns around to see his men and their guns stuck in a big web above. Arachnid has made herself known.

As Silas is looking at his men struggling to get free from the big web, he hears the sound of rocks falling. Not only that, he sees the little rocks that fall in front of him. He looks up to see Airachnid and fires a blast, but he wasn't quick enough. Airachnid moves out of the way and lifts Silas up by his gun, breaking it. She throws Silas to a wall and shoots her webs at him to keep him there while they talk. Airachnid: "Don't tell me MECH never considered that an open-channel distress signal from an injured Decepticon might be a trap." Silas: "I'll bear that in mind next time." "[laughs] Next time? Deception radio chatter is all abuzz about the work over you gave poor Breakdown. As an ex-con myself, I really should eviscerate you for that. But an old acquaintance and her nasty, little humans destroyed my ship and skinned my knee. I need to pay them back in kind; both of them. And take the relics that one of them has. You see, I make it in and out of places most Decepticons can't, but I'm still learning to navigate this planet." "What's in it for MECH?" "I'll let you live. And since you came to collect a - Transformer was it? - I'll throw in whatever's left of Arcee after I've broken her."

Elsewhere, in Jasper, Nevada, Jack and Nakala are heading home while being as quiet as they can. Jack is moving Arcee without riding her while Nakala uses his tentacle claws to move Elita. Since their mom, June Darby, is a light sleeper, they don't want their engines revving. Arcee: "Thanks for walking us home, you two." Elita: "You're real gentlemen." Jack: "We don't want you revved up before bedtime." he says as he goes to open the garage. Little did they know that June is on the other side. "Mom's a light sleeper, and I don't think she'd understand about--" June: "Understand what Jack? You two breaking curfew for the third time this month?" "Mom." he says surprised as Nakala quickly hides his tentacles. "Or why your boss called about you missing another shift at work? Or maybe the e-mail I received from your art history teacher, who's concerned that you've been falling asleep in class." "Well, two words, mom: "Art" and "History."" "What's your excuse, Nakala?" As she expected, Nakala says nothing and looks away.

June: "Tell me the rumors aren't true. Tell me you're not racing your motorcycle and car?" Jack: "No, no. Wait, wait. Where did you hear that?" "Small town. People talk. I work in an emergency room, you two. I've seen what can happen. So , please tell me you haven't fallen in with a bad crowd." "What? N-No. No, no, no. My friends are the good crowd. Seriously good." "I let you have that bike and car because you both convinced me you were mature enough to handle it. But I think you two may need a gentle reminder." "Message received, mom. Loud and clear. I'm--I'm glad we had this talk." He starts to move Arcee in the garage, but June stops him. She wasn't done with them, yet. June: "I meant, let's see if a few weeks without the distraction of your motorcycle and car will do the trick." Jack: "[shocked] But--" "No buts. You're both grounded from everything but School and work. And if you want to ride to either, you'll pedal." she says as she points to their bicycles. "Serious face, Jack and Nakala. If I see your vehicles out of the garage..." She gives the two a kiss on the head before continuing. "Now go wash up and get some sleep. I love you."