S1-E12: Sick Mind

It is a bright sunny day in Jasper, Nevada, as we see the Autobot base hidden behind a rock mountain. Then something most unexpected happened with the medic. Ratchet: "Optimus, you're not gonna believe this. I've just pinpointed the location of the Decepticon warship." Optimus: "How did you penetrate their cloaking technology." "I didn't. I was experimenting the variable frequency wavelengths when I stumbled upon it." Nakala: "That shouldn't bypass their cloaking." Ratchet: "You're right. It wouldn't. Their ship must be experiencing an electromagnetic breach. Arcee: "With Megatron deceased and the element of surprise..." Bulkhead: "...We could do some serious damage." Elita then noticed something else pop up on the screen. "Wait, what's that?" she asked. Ratchet turned to see an Autobot ship appear. Ratchet: "Also on the same frequency, and Autobot emergency beacon." Optimus: "The Decepticons can wait. There may be Autobots in distress. Ratchet, bring your medical kit. Elita, come with us."

A ground bridge opens at what looks to be a desert, and out comes not only Optimus, Elita, and Ratchet, but Nakala as well. He decided to be a bit more active in these missions to better understand his own kind. It was nighttime there, but the moon gave off enough light for them to see the damaged ship. Optimus: "A crash landing." Elita: "Looks like it's been buried here for centuries." The trio walk over to the ship and Optimus starts cutting a hole to enter through since the actual entrance is no where in sight. They entered through the hole with flashlights on and began to look around. Ratchet: "If they traveled in stasis mode, there may be survivors." he pointed out before the entire ship started to shake, making everyone lose their balance a bit before it settled down. They make their way down a long hallway and they see a closed door that Optimus has to pry open. Once he does and they walk inside the room, they see dead Autobots. None of them look like they died in the crash, blaster fire, or low on energon. Elita: "What happened here??" she asked with Nakala next to her, quiet as usual, but still surprised at what he was seeing.

Ratchet scans one of the fallen Autobots and is surprised at what his scanners are showing him. "These Autobots didn't perish in the crash. They're displaying the effects... of a virus." Optimus: "This is a plague ship." he said before trying to take a step forward, only to be stopped by his medic. Ratchet: "Don't! Touch! Anything! The virus could still be active." The entire ship decide to shake again after he said that, causing everyone to lose their balance again, but fall to the ground this time. After it stopped, a metal clang was heard from above Optimus, so he looked up to see the dead body of another Autobot. They're body was hanging from something, but the shaking let it fall a bit more, causing some of the infected energon to land right in Optimus's neck. Ratchet and Elita: "NO!" they say while Nakala also gives a concerned lookr.

Back at the Autobot base, we see Optimus laying on a berth with his metallic skin looking rusty and ruined around his right optic. Elita was there on her knees holding Optimus' hand while Ratchet took a scan to see if he can get info on what the virus is. Once the scan was complete, he was surprised to see what it was. Ratchet: "Cybonic plague." he said causing the 'bots to look at each other. "It's only contagious if contact is made with the infected energon." Ratchet explained. Miko: "What was a plague doing in an Autobot spaceship." Arcee: "It's passengers were infected. The virus wiped out millions on Cybertron during the great war." Ratchet: "Cybonic plague was engineered in the Decepticon's biological-warfare program... by Megatron himself." Raf: "You...have a cure don't you?" Before Ratchet could answer, Optimus groans before mustering the strength to speak. "[straining] No cure." Elita: "Plz don't talk, Optimus. You need to save your strength." she said with concern and fear in her voice.