CHAPTER 69

"She's sidiq's grandchild." Arnav finally told Elli who raised his brow in surprise.

"And that one to?" he said not pointing at anyone and they knew it was Shyam he was talking about.

"Yeah." Arnav was wondering what was wrong with his behavior.

"Are you working with the FBI or something?" Elli asked Shyam who frowned.

"wait.. What FBI.. It's that why you have been glaring at me." Shyam asked in disbelief.

"You are the best lawyer. Your picture have been circulation in under world for like a year with some other newbies. They said you are a tough but to crack. I wanted a reliable lawyer anytime we try reaching you, you ignore our emails, calls. Text messages. Like literally we've tried and just stop contacting you. There was a rumor that you work for the FBI. "Elli said Shyam was in disbelief.

" I thought it was a scam. I did get scammed in my early days so I stopped looking for a job after my first marriage. Arnav was the one giving us money and I didn't see the need to work in the field. I only helped run errand. I thought it was a scam. How the hell is picture going round when i have no idea. "Shyam was still in shock. Elli took note of the marriage statement he Said but surprisingly he didn't ask any questions.

" There's this video of you during your student days. So we stole in. "he smiled showing his teeth.

" I think that's enough for today. "Arnav was uncomfortable. He noticed Shyam was lying. He knew it was a mafia but never responded because he didn't want his hands to get dirty. He once discussed it with Arnav.

" So payal. What do you do after you resign. "Elli asked.

" I was just eating and sleeping. Then I decided to work as Aman's secretary, it didn't work so I opened a training center. We just opened it not long ago. "she said shrugging. Elli was observing to see what he wanted to read to which payal hated.

" I think I would leave now. I would find time to visit your training center and Shyam reconsider my offer. Somehow I know you are lying. You just don't want to work with the mafia. Have a good day." he smiled genuinely and Arnav escorted him out.

"We can finally breathe." Khushi muttered.

"Yeah finally.. I felt so arrh... I'm going to kill Arnav for not informing me." she said and Shyam gave her phone to her. She saw a message notification from Aman and opened it.she gasped.

"Aman tried warning me but I didn't open the message." she Said defeated.

"What does it say." Khushi asked stretching to see.

"Hi payal.. I just.. Almost had gone to coma. Elli is back. He just grazed himself in the office. Guess what? He threatened to kill the receptionist while family if she didn't let him in so we thought it was an enemy and was alert. Turn out to be him. He is now the leader of the Russia mafia Arnav sold his shares to. I should have called but I'm shook to the core that I can't breathe nor talk properly. Good luck. "Khushi read the message. It was even way before they came.

" Why did you ignore his message. "Khushi asked. She looked at her in way that says it's your fault.

" I  didn't think that way. I thought it was work related. "she glared at Shyam who was teasing her.

" Doll... Cupcake! Seriously? Did he have a crush on you like what the hell! "Shyam said and khushi smiled.

" I'm I smelling jealousy here bhai. " Khushi teased and Shyam nodded.