CHAPTER 28

"Aman... Sidiq is dead....ermm..cancer..poison..... Yes.. Aaliyah..... I want you to call her and inform her about it... don't mention the poison part..she would come running." Arnav said without any emotions.

"I get it... My condolences." He disconnected the call.

"Are you okay?" Khushi asked Arnav.

"I should be asking you, are you okay?" He held her cheeks softly.

"Mmm I'm okay... tomorrow we would bury him. I just don't understand why she did it?" Khushi was helpless.

"Me too, the woman I have my love, care and attention to betrayed me." He said bitterly.

Family Wing

" Why did you call us Shyam?" Dadi wasn't having it.

"Khushi's grandfather is dead and tomorrow would be the funeral. Your presence is needed. It's an order from Arnav." He said and left.

"That was rude! What if I don't want to come." Anjali getting pissed off with Shyam being bossy day by day.

"Poor her. Unlucky her, mother died giving birth to her , father died protecting her, grandfather die after her marriage. Arnav is next." Dadi laughed at her misfortune.

Khushi was on Arnav laps whilst hugging him. He caressed her back. They were consoling each other. That was their new method. She kept her head in the crook of his neck inhaling his musky scent.

No one said anything. Just the silence was okay. Arnav had a message and smirked.

"What is it?" She asked, arnav surprised she sense it.

"As I expected, she has informed the congress about sidiq's death, so they would think I would be miserable and mourning for my lost. I wouldn't take my revenge on them since I'm morning. Pathetic right?" Arnav whispered into her ears. She hugged him more to which he sighed.

Earlier in the day

"Hello Aman.. to what do I owe your call?" Aaliyah spoke surprised to see Aman's call. Aman felt like strangling her neck.

"Arnav told me to tell you sidiq is gone." He said

"Oh my goodness...how come." She said is disbelief

"Cancer..." He said

"Cancer...only..." She was trying to pry.

"Yes tomorrow is the funeral and your presence is needed...I'm busy right...take care." He ended the call and he heard a faint sigh from Aaliyah and he chuckled.

Current time

"What should I cook for you?" Khushi asked Arnav and he shrugged.

"Don't have appetite. Just prepare anything." He suggested

She decided to just boil some ramen and egg and served him she also sat down. No words where said only noise of cutlery.

They went back to bed and Arnav kissed her cheeks.

", Night Khushi." His voice was low. Khushi kissed his cheeks.

"Night Arnav." He was surprised with her bold move.

"Close your mouth ." She teased him. Arnav hugged her tightly and they dozed off.

Next morning

Sidiq's body was sent to the grave yard . He was buried and Khushi couldn't contained  herself. Arnav was behind her , consoling her.

Sidiq was laid to rest.  Arnav heard Aaliyah was around but didn't want to loose his patience so he told her he would meet her at the family Wing .