21

|Lisa|

I wake up from my hangover to severe loud knocking. I groan loudly and get out of the bed and walk but my legs give out breath me and I fall with the crazy knocking still going on.

I shout, "STOP THE FUCKING KNOCKING!"

It keeps going and I stand up while gripping the nightstand and run to the door. I swing it open and Veronica is standing there with unshed tears in her eyes.

I rub my face. "What happened?"

"Rosé is missing. I need your help."

Everything clears in my head. "What do you mean she's missing?"

"She hasn't come back home from the gala!" She walks inside and I close the hotel room door. "I thought she might've went home with someone but she hasn't come back."

She sits down in one of the room chair and I sit on my bed. "How long has it been since she's been...." My throat stops me from speaking because of emotion. I could lose Rosé.

"She left the gala at 10. Should we go look for CCTV footage?"

I think for a second before I say, "No. Let's go back to the castle. We're missing something."

••••••••••

When we get to the castle, I rush out and into the main lobby.

I'm greeted by Laura and she follows us with concern as I run up the stairs and up the spiral staircase to Rosé's safety spot.

It looks the same as the last time we left it.

I turn to Veronica. "There was a missing book from here that neither I nor Rosé took. I think it has something."

"Which book?" Veronica asks.

"The Catcher In The Rye."

"I saw that."

We both turn to Laura and she says quickly, "Follow me."

We rush out of the room and I make sure to close the door behind me. We run behind Laura as we go down two flights of stairs that lead to the servants quarters.

Laura shakes Louis awake and he groans before blinking his eyes open.

"Laura?" He asks and then looks at me and Veronica. "Ms.Parkson and Ms.Manoban!" He sits up. "What can I do for you?"

"Where is the Catcher In The Rye Louis? The one you found lying in the living room."

Louis blinks and points to his desk. I run over and open drawers until I find it sitting inside. I open it and flip through the pages until an empty envelope falls out of it.

I look at Veronica and she shakes her head. "What would that be doing there?"

We look at Louis and he holds his hands up in surrender. "I only just started reading it."

I tighten my jaw and pick up the envelope cover. On the front of it is labeled, "To Rosé. Please share with Veronica and Walter."

Veronica frowns. "What would be in it that he would want all three of us to read?"

I shake my head. "We're missing something. What it is I don't understand."

Martha walks in and greets us pleasantly, "Hello."

Then she sees the drawer open and her face changes. I pick up on it immediately and scrummaging through it and find a vial of sesame seeds.

I turn to Martha. "Why is this here?"