Chapter 6: Drunk Walk Home

A/N:
lil mitski reference in the title LMAO

~-~

Seraphina wakes to the feeling of being lifted off the ground and cradled. She starts squirming and mumbling incoherently.

"Stop moving, Phina. It's just me." The familiar voice of her brother reaches her ears and she opens her eyes, vision blurry.
"Mmmm.. Heyyy Diego..." The girl mumbles out, a tired smile on her face.
"Hey sis."
Upon looking at her surroundings, she notices Diego carrying her out of the library. To the side of her she sees Luther carrying an unconscious Five, who in turn has Delores clutched in his arms.

"Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment."
Seraphina listens to the two men talk as they make their way down the street, but none of the words fully process.
"My place is closer. No one will look for him there."

Five interrupts the pair with a burp and a sigh.
"If you vomit on me..."
"You know what's funny?" The boy slurs out before groaning,
"I'm going through puberty. Huh. Twice." He chuckles drunkenly before speaking up again, slurring his words, "We drank that whole bottle, didn't we? That's what you do when the world and the people you love go bye-bye! Poof, it's gone. Hey, where's Angel? Where'd she go?"

"'M here, Fivey!.."
"Heyyy Angel... What are you guys talkin' about?" The boy directs his attention to the men carrying them.
"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night."
"They came looking for you! So I need you to focus. What do they want?"

Five mutters out, "Hazel 'nd Cha-Cha.."
"Who?"
"You know, I hate code names."
"Ah, the best of the best. Except for me, of course."
"The best of what?"

"Y'know, Delores always said she hated when I drink; she said it made me surly-"
Diego spins around to face the boy, causing Seraphina's stomach to churn.
"Hey!"
"Hm? Yeah?"
"I need you to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" Five just responds with an extremely drunken smile.
"We just wanna protect you two."

Five's smile is wiped off his face, "Protect me? I don't need your protection, Diego, and I can protect Angel just fine by myself. Do you have any idea how many people I've killed? No. I'm the Four frickin' Horsemen. The apocalypse is coming." Once the words leave his lips, the boy turns over, vomiting behind Luther's back.

Seraphina giggles at the look on her brother's face before dozing off.

~-~

Luther and Diego place the two sleeping 'teens' down on the bed, now at Diego's place. The two watch as Five rolls over and clings onto the girl at his side, hugging her around the waist and burying his head in her chest.

"Funny. If I didn't know he was such a prick, I'd say he looks almost adorable in his sleep."
"Well, don't worry. He'll sober up eventually, be back to his normal, unpleasant self."
"Yeah, I can't wait that long. I need to find out what his connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies."
"...All that stuff he was saying before... What do you think he meant by that?... Do you think Sera knows anything?"

"I doubt it. She follows him around like a lost puppy, no questions asked. She-" Diego cuts himself off as he hears footsteps approaching. Pulling a knife out, he stalks up to the door, opening it quickly.
"You throw another one of those goddamn knives at me, I'm pressin' charges!"