Chapter 3: Improv

~-~

"Five?"

Seraphina is on Five's bed, sitting on her knees, staring at her hands. Her hair pools down onto the bed, obscuring her face as her wings are pulled tightly to her form. By now, she had changed into a new outfit; a pink button down sweater, paired with a white skirt and flats.

(not my photo, i imagine something like this, but again, imagine something else if you dont like it, doesnt impact the story LMAO)

She hears footsteps approaching, and looks up, taking a glace in Five's direction, who seems to be staring out of the window.
"Oh, thank god. I was worried sick about you two," Vanya pants out, now standing in the doorway.
"Sorry we left without saying goodbye."
"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry. I was dismissive, and... I- I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying.. And I still can't, to be honest.."

Five walks up to their sister, obscuring his face from Seraphina's view. "Maybe you were right to be dismissive. Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real, but, well.. Like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." The girl squints momentarily at the back of the boy's head, staying quiet.
"..Maybe I'm not.. the right person for you to be talking to.. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information?"

"Thanks, but... I think I'm just gonna get some rest.. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep," The boy responds, gesturing vaguely to the bed Seraphina is sitting on.
"Okay.." Vanya glances over at the girl and sighs before turning around, walking back the way she came.

After a moment, Five walks up to the doorway, peeking out, making sure their sister is out of sight. The sound of clattering and crashing causes Seraphina to snap her head over to the wardrobe, giggling as Klaus stumbles out.

"That's so... touching! All that stuff about family, and Dad, and time. Wow!"
"Would you shut up? She'll hear you."
"I'm moist," Klaus' words erupting another small laugh from the girl.

"I thought I told you to put on something professional."
"What? This is my nicest outfit! Phina, do you hear how mean your boy toy is being to me?"
Seraphina's jaw drops slightly at her brother's words, and feels a slight heat coming to her cheeks.

Five lets out an irritated sigh and turns, walking out of his room, "We'll raid the old man's closet. Angel, come on." Seraphina then rises to her feet, stretching her wings, before following the boy.
"Whatever, as long as I get paid."
"When the job is done."

Now out in the hallway, Klaus follows behind the pair. "Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details, I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?"
"Yeah. Something like that."
"What's our cover story?"