13

chapter thriteen ; friendship

"It's raining!" I say being frustrated since it's the fifth time of the day of raining. It's getting darker. The day is ending soon. I am standing at the main gate of my university.

"Oh god. I'm tired."

And I'm not alone.

Yunjin is beside me, linking our arms together. she's inseparable. But I adore her. She's different than friends I've had in my life.

I notice two manly figures rushing past us as if they are enjoying the rain too much. they halt. turn to face us. before they actually see us. "Gosh, my heart's gonna come off the ribcage," Jay chuckles.

My gaze meets Sunghoon's. nothing in the world rips off our staring contest. His face feels like cotton candy which might melt away any moment now.

"But mine feels like it's stopped working," he says to none other than his best friend while still looking at me.

And I'm a piece of heavy cloud trying its best to hold itself to not fall down.

he smiles, and waves at me, "Gyol- oops I mean Mira! Missed the bus too?"

I nod. "You're right."

At this point, the four of us have completely let ourselves shower in the rain.

We are drenched.

Jay looks at me as if he already knows who I am.

"Nice to meet you, Mira. Sunghoon always talks about you," he let out a short chuckle.

"You do?" I look at Sunghoon with a teasing look.

He scratches his nape. "I mean I wanted him to meet you."

"I'm glad," I grin.

Then I don't remember when and where and how the two of our friends have already gone, leaving him and me alone.

Sunghoon takes out a tulip from his backpack. "Another one bloomed."

"Thank you."

Just like one tulip was our friendship blooming on its own too.