Chapter 7: Sinister Secrets

" thanks to Mr Jeon Won-Woo , we're lucky enough to find these ancient books !" Wonwoo exclaimed, placing an ancient tome on the table . " No way ! ,
' Chronicles of Nexus '? Even my father couldn't find it even if I asked for it." Ji sun exclaimed, her eyes widening as she looked at Wonwoo.

" This library is one of the best libraries in South Korea as I know . It's so valuable because it houses many ancient books . But they are under heavy security. I heard that Mr Jeon Won-Woo could access them because he manages the Library. But here , there is something wrong .." Wonwoo explained, his gaze shifting to the others gathered around the round table inside the Library.

" What's wrong ?" Dino interjected, his curiosity piqued.

" I mentioned that these books were under heavy security right ? " Wonwoo continued, adjusting his position in his chair and placing both hands on the ancient tome . The others listened intently as he spoke . " But someone else has already read this book ."

" But what's the problem with that ? Maybe someone took it , thinking it was a fairytale and read it . Simple ." The8 suggested, his tone calm yet serious, while giving wonwoo a dismissive glance .

" That can't be . Only Mr . Jeon Won-Woo can access these valuable ancient books . But according to what I think , he must've given it to someone who asked for it . Maybe that person knows something. " Wonwoo elaborated, his gaze lingering on his companions.

" That's disturbing indeed . Who is that person?" Scoups asked , his forehead creased in concern. 

" Guys , let's search for that person later .but for now , let's not waste time . It's already 7.30 pm , my manager asked me to be at the radio station to host a radio show at 8.45 pm, " Dk remarked, glancing at his wristwatch. The others nodded in agreement as wonwoo opened the book without hesitation.

" Read it out loud , wonwoo, so we can all hear . Don't miss any part ." Scoups instructed , his eyes fixed on wonwoo . Wonwoo nodded , complying with his leaders request.

As he turned the first page of the book , he began reading aloud ,

' Several individuals will enter into the parallel world through the pendant to fulfil their mission. Those who are chosen as guardians must prevent the antagonist
From exploiting the gateway's power . "

His gaze lifted to his companions, who exchanged uneasy glances.

Scoups then requested the book from wonwoo, wonwoo passed the book through the table to scoups. Scoups took the book and flipped through the pages . He stopped on a specific page which caught his attention. " For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is the part I've been searching for ! " he looked at his fellow members and announced before delving into the passage about the catastrophic consequences of exploiting the gateway.

' if the antagonists succeed in exploiting the gateway, it could lead to catastrophic consequences, including destabilizing the balance between the two dimensions; causing widespread chaos and potentially merging aspects of the worlds in unintended harmful ways '

After reading, he shifted his gaze to his fellow members to see their reaction.

" Yesterday, we saw our counterparts in our world . Do you think if we succeed we can go back permanently?" Vernon asked , seeking the opinions of the group.

In the midst of their discussion, Hoshi sprang up from his seat , jolting his chair backward as he slammed his hands onto the table with a sudden burst of energy.
" Guys!" He exclaimed, his eyes wide with a mix of shock and delight .

" Thank goodness there is no one at the library now or else we'd be getting some strange looks !" Wonwoo chuckled at Hoshi's antics .

" It's kai !" Hoshi declared, gripping Jeonghan's shoulder with both hands and shaking him excitedly. " He is the villain!" Hoshi shouted while looking at his members. Despite Jeonghan's playful attempts to calm him down , the gravity of Hoshi's words hung heavy in the air , causing the group to exchange incredulous glances .