Chapter 5 : unveiling mysteries

Inside Ji sun's room , the morning sunlight peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow , signalling the start of a new day . Ji sun , feeling determined, got out of bed , ready to face whatever challenges Lay ahead . Excitement bubbled within her as she headed to the agency. She was eager to reunite with seventeen and continue their search for answers.

After arriving at the agency, Ji sun went straight to scoups' office . Laughter and playful banter filled the air as Ji sun entered the room , finding the members gathered around scoups' desk . Scoups and other members of seventeen were already busy preparing for the day ahead . Despite the seriousness of their situation, the atmosphere was light-hearted.

Suddenly, Ji sun spotted jun in the room . He stood up and greeted her , " you must be Ji sun , right ? Nice to meet you ." Ji sun also greeted him warmly . And Dk promptly offered her his chair while fetching another for himself.

Meanwhile, wonwoo places an Old book on the table , exclaiming, " I searched for this book last night , and luckily I found it . It was quite hard to locate . Look it's so old isn't it ?" . Vernon intrigued, covered his mouth with his hand and remarked, " ' mystery behind the shimmer', this really seems like an ancient book ."

Taking charge , Scoups opened the book , causing everyone to gasp in shock at what they saw inside . Hoshi pointed out a painting on the first page , exclaiming, " look , Ji sun , it's your pendant!" . Scoups started to go through the book , page after page . Scoups' eyes widened as he read something peculiar: ' After the blackout, the chosen ones will be replaced by those from the parallel world . ' this revelation stunned the members, prompting Hoshi to try to draw a conclusion, " that means ..... "

Jeonghan chimed in , " we were replaced, and currently, in our world , the ones here will continue living our lives . !" This revelation made them all stunned .

" Our idol lives ! What will they do as us without knowing anything?" Seungkwan pondered aloud . Scoups , feeling overwhelmed, ran his hand through his hair and returned his gaze to the book , hoping to find answers.

Scoups began to read aloud , the members kept on listening intently. ' the pendant has a mystical connection with certain individuals. It will start to glow brightly when it is near the chosen ones . And they will enter into a different world to complete their mission according to the ancient book , the chronicles of Nexus '
Scoups glanced at his members.

" That's us , " jeonghan, who had been attentive, replied while placing both his hands on the table , looking at Scoups. " So we need to find another book to learn about the mission? I think this book is just guiding us , like giving hints . We must solve this puzzle, " Dino exclaimed.

Scoups resumed reading, ' one person will be connected with the pendant, that person will be the key artifact that connects the two parallel worlds. That connection will be a unique and powerful one. '

All eyes turned to Ji sun . She felt shy under their scruntiny . " Ahhh so that's what happened? " Hoshi inquired, glancing at Ji sun . Ji sun shyly nodded in agreement. " She doesn't speak much , does she ? " Woozi remarked. " She is a shy Carat, " Jeonghan explained, offering her a warm smile .

' through the interactions with the pendant that person may receive cryptic messages through its shiny surface, ' Scoups added .

Suddenly a staff member entered the office, announcing, " Sir , we're ready for the interview with Mr . Wenjunhui. You must be there with Mr. Seungkwan. This time , Mr. Kim Jong-in will be here as a special guest. " Scoups agreed , " we'll be there . Give us five minutes. " The staff member nodded and went .

The members stood up. Shocked . " That's kai right ? Seungkwan, remember what you said about him not being the kai from our world ? can you explain what happened? " Ji sun asked seeking clarification.

Seungkwan leaned in because he couldn't hear her voice well , " I'm sorry . It was not clear ; your voice is so soft , " Seungkwan said , giving a small smile towards her . Others looked at her sweetly. Jeonghan who was next to her , explained what she asked . Seungkwan replied her ,

" It gives me chills . That day when he came here before meeting you , he came to meet us . And then he said something strange: ' it seems like you guys still don't know whats going on , interesting, just keep on searching. ' he said , we didn't take it seriously until we saw the exact same pendant on his wrist . It was the exact same pendant. ," seungkwan said , looking at Ji sun . Ji sun looked at her pendant with a shocked face .

" Let's go , Ji sun , you can take a closer look when we go there . But remember, don't make it feel obvious, just take a glance okay ?" Scoups said while walking towards the door . Ji sun nodded .

They all went inside the interview room . Scoups asked the members and Ji sun to take a seat on the couch, which was In audience section. They sat down . Ji sun looked at kai from a distance. ; he was already sitting on the long couch which In the middle, getting ready for the interview. Scoups went and took a seat on the single couch , which was next to the long couch . Seungkwan did the same ; he sat on the couch, which was opposite to scoups' couch . Jun sat next to kai . Kai greeted them ; they did the same . And he looked at the other members who were there in the audience section, " oh look , it's that girl ," saying he waved at Ji sun . Ji sun looked away . " We are here to do the interview, " Scoups said , and kai sat down.

" It hasn't started yet . But I'm happy that you guys are back together." Kai said while looking at scoups . " What are you ?" Seungkwan asked while looking at kai . " Well , it seems like you have more to guess . Can't you be more active? I can't wait more .. this is fun indeed . Keep on going, " he said Sarcastically.

" Sir we will start the interview now , " one of the staff members shouted . And Seungkwan began the interview , showing off his great skills as an energetic host .

As he read the script , he was shocked when it was time to interview Jun about his career. "Okay , it's time for you to answer Mr. Wenjunhui. Tell us about your career as a model In the fashion industry, and tell us about your agency, ' Elegance models ' . It seems like you are the shining start now , isn't it ? And you've been actively auditioning for roles in films and dramas in the agency named ' Stella talent management?' ' Seungkwan who was shocked to see Jun working in two different agencies, paused and looked at the staff . " It seems like there is a mistake here . He is working in two different agencies, " he pointed out looking at the staff . They paused the cameras for a commercial break and explained to him , " it's not a mistake, sir "

Scoups stood up and approached seungkwan. " We don't know about this world yet right ? I think this is how it goes , just do as they say , " he murmured into his ear . Seungkwan nodded in agreement.

" Woah , our Jun ... How can he be active in two different agencies? And whats wrong with their names ? " Meanwhile Dk , who was with the other members in the audience section, asked the members while laughing.

After sometimes , the interview was over . Members and Ji sun went near Jun , Seungkwan and Scoups. Jun went with his manager to continue his work , promising them that he would be there when they contact him ." Guys , I have to go , call me if you need anything, and this is my apartment address, " he gave his apartment address to Scoups, which was written on a paper . Scoups hugged him tightly and asked him to be careful.

Suddenly, after Jun's departure, the members and Ji sun looked back towards the door as they heard Kai's voice , " I'll be going then , make sure to make me happy when we meet again . " Saying that he went .

" He is weird..... I think he knows something. So his pendant plus your pendant makes two pendants . I think he is making fun of us . Or is he criticizing us because we don't know anything? " Seungkwan said while looking at his members and Ji sun . " Every story has a villain, I think he is the one here . " Jeonghan said while Crossing his arms .