Chapter 2 : Journey through Shadows

The most anticipated day finally downed in Ji sun's life - the day of the fan meeting. With excitement pulsing through her veins, she awoke early , carefully selecting her favourite frock reserved for this special occasion. Every meticulous detail was attended to as she adorned herself, the anticipation building with every moment.

As she stepped out , the atmosphere buzzed with the enthusiasm of fellow fans . Standing in the queue, Ji sun could feel the proximity to her idols increasing. The joy that surged within her made it seem like a dream coming true . As she reached the front of the line , it was her turn to engage with scoups .

"Hello " with a warm greeting and his trademark gummy smile, scoups welcomed Ji sun . However her elation took an unexpected turn as scoups noticed something unusual.

" Your pendant on your wrist , I think something is wrong with it " scoups pointed out .

Ji sun looked at her pendant with a shocked face. It was shining so brightly, starting from the moment she came near scoups . Jeonghan who was next to scoups , couldn't help but be captivated by the brilliant shimmer .

In an attempt to conceal the glowing pendant , Ji sun found herself confronted by bodyguards who , regrettably, insisted on her departure. Amidst a mixture of shock and embarrassment, Ji sun tearfully defended herself .

" I'm sorry , but nothing like this happened earlier " she said while looking at the bodyguards. Tears started to fall  out of her eyes . Everyone's attention was on her . Scoups who noticed her tears , intervened, urging the bodyguards to ease the situation.

Suddenly, the pendant's luminosity intensified, culminating in a sudden blackout. Ji sun who was momentarily blinded , closed her eyes and , upon reopening them , found herself in an entirely different setting , seated at a study table surrounded by countless books , she marveled at the opulence of her new surroundings , clad in an elegant charm frock .

Ji sun took a glance at her pendant she was shocked to see that the pendant's colour has changed into pure white , But its shiny surface was still there . She couldn't help herself but look around the expensive house that she was in . Her attention shifted to a middle-aged couple descending the grand staircase. As the middle-aged couple approached Ji Sun, an inexplicable sense of familiarity washed over her. Though she couldn't pinpoint exactly why, she felt an undeniable connection to them.

" You look just like me ,you're so pretty " Ji sun exclaimed while looking at the woman with bright eyes . " Of course I do , I'm your mother " she replied to her while smiling at her . The man next to the woman who was claiming to be her father , offered a pat on the back before announcing their departure for a business meeting. Left alone , Ji sun pinched herself, half - expecting to awaken from an improbable dream , but reality persisted .

A lady in a black skirt and a coat appearing as an assistant, inquired about Ji sun's well being .

" Can I know where I am ? Ji sun asked .

" Of course, your house , miss . Are you alright? " The lady continued.

Ji sun looked around her while scratching her head . She saw a newspaper on the tea table, ran , and took it . She read it out loud with a shocked face .

" Choi seung-cheol, the manager of ' harmony creations ' , is planning to do an interview with wen junhui? Choi seung-cheol? " She asked while looking at the lady . The lady nodded as a yes .

" I want to meet him " , Ji sun said without any second thoughts.

" Is it possible? " Ji sun asked with a worried look .

" Well , yes miss . If you want , we can prepare a meeting for you. When do you want to meet him ? " The lady continued.

" Today ! " Ji sun replied, shocking the lady .

" I- I'll prepare it Miss , right now ; " she replied to her while nodding. After making everything clear , the lady went back with the intention of preparing the meeting with Choi seung-cheol. Meanwhile, Ji sun took her time , pondering if it was because of the pendant . Thoughts like this went around her head as she explored the house as if she had never seen something like this before .

" Miss , we can go to the agency now . I heard that he is not busy at the moment, but you have to inform your parents " . The lady's voice interrupted Ji sun's contemplation.

" Here see , I'll make sure to explain everything after I meet him okay ? , I'll promise. Don't worry ; I will make sure that they won't question you " Ji sun replied. The lady accepted with a nod .

Ji sun arrived at the agency. The driver got off first and opened the door of the car for her . Ji sun ran inside with the curiosity to meet 'Choi seung-cheol'. Staff confirmed to her that he is inside his office , they guided her there . Staff opened the door for her and left her near the office. Ji sun went inside . She saw scoups , who was thinking hard as if the whole world is on his shoulders. As she went near him , she saw seungkwan, who was sitting next to scoups.  Ji sun was shocked to see both of them together. Scoups and Seungkwan looked at Ji sun as she came near them with a little hello .

" It's you ! " Exclaimed Seungkwan , prompting scoups to echo the sentiment. Confusion and curiosity lingered as Ji sun shared her bewildering experience, the blackout that transported her to this unfamiliar place .

" How did you guys come here ? " She questioned them out of curiosity.
" It's the same for us . I found myself sitting next to Seungkwan in a meeting room after the blackout." S coups continued and asked Ji sun to take a seat . But Ji sun's mind was buzzing with curiosities, oblivious to scoups ' invitation to take a seat .

" I just saw the newspaper, it said that you guys are preparing for a meeting with Wenjunhui, " Ji sun remarked prompting seungkwan to widen his eyes and ask ; " WEN JUNHUI? " He is here too ? Our Jun ? ".

Scoups , arms crossed , listened to them in silence. " Yes , I think so , if you guys are the Choi seung-cheol and Seungkwan who are here , he also might be Jun . So , you guys should seize this opportunity to meet him , " Ji sun suggested.

Scoups , breaking his silence , shared his thoughts, " this makes me think that the other members also might be here somewhere. I believe that the same thing happened to them . " Seungkwan pointed  at scoups agreeing with his thoughts , and asked; " if that's the case , how can we find them ? "

"We have to find them as soon as possible , they are my first priority. "
Scoups replied to Seungkwan with a serious face .

The atmosphere inside the room was heavy with anticipation. Scoups, Ji sun and Seungkwan were lost in thought. Breaking the silence , Ji sun spoke up ,  "Guys , I think I can find them . That assistant was quick to arrange a meeting with you , so I believe we can locate the others . especially with my father's help , even though I don't know him I think he is a huge businessman. "

Seungkwan puzzled, questioned " how ? We don't even know where they are ."

Scoups suggested, " why don't we give our members names to your father ? Ask him to find each one in Korea with the same names and ask him to provide their photos too , so we can easily track them down ."

Ji sun's eyes lit up with joy ," that's a brilliant idea! But can I give him their stage names ? "

"The fact that these people here know me as Choi seung-cheol not scoups... We should use their original names . Do you know them ? " scoups explained.

" Of course yes ! , I don't know whether my father can do this much , but somehow I'll get the job done and bring you the information as soon as possible. In the meantime, prepare for the meeting with Jun . And you guys also try to find the others ! " Ji sun replied to  Scoups . Scoups nodded in Agreement.

Seungkwan approaching Ji sun asked " you're a Carat right ? "

Ji sun confessed" yes ! , I am sorry about that time . After we find all the members, I will explain everything. It wasn't planned I swear! "

Seungkwan reassured her, " we know , you were shocked . Anyways, our CARATS is our responsibility, so be safe . If anything happens, come here as soon as possible okay ? "

" Yes , don't worry and thankyou for helping us ." Scoups also agreed with seungkwan . Ji sun nodded and left the office . Her heart soaring with joy after interacting with them . The task became clear - they needed to find their fellow members scattered across different locations.