30. INNER CONFLICT

Start from the beginning

"Why are you glaring at Hobi hyung? Did he do something?" I pressed, but Jungkook remained silent not saying anything.

Then, Yoongi laughed at something hobi hyung said, and Jungkook's jaw hardened, his eyes growing colder and angrier, his fist clenched, dude what's happening. Am I reading this correctly? I thought he was just messing around like.

"Jungkook, you want to tell me something?" I asked, turning towards him. That's when I noticed Jungkook's eyes—they held a hint of pain and a lot of suppressed anger. But he didn't voice out that anger; instead, he simply shook his head.

"No," he said curtly before standing up from the couch and leaving the living room.

He does have something on his mind, but he'll tell me eventually. Not now, but maybe later. I know he will, that's what we always do—we tell each other everything. 

"Then why didn't you tell him about your uncertain feelings? "My inner voice pointed out.

Correct, I didn't tell Jungkook about these feelings, but how could I when I'm not even sure about them myself? And telling Jungkook will only make it more difficult.

Don't get me wrong, Jungkook is the best buddy you could ever have, and I do tell him about everything. Maybe he's the only person I tell everything to, and he always understands, no matter how ridiculous the thing is.

But the feeling I'm experiencing right now is different. I don't even know myself what it is, so there's no way Jungkook can understand. 

I'm more of the "knowing about feelings" guy between us. I have a crush on Mihae, which I can relate to some feelings, 

whereas Jungkook, he's never associated with the word "liking" another person. For Jungkook, liking someone is just a mere excuse for Fucking with them, and Jungkook doesn't need that excuse because he can fuck anyone he wants. That asshole is a charmer and a playboy. 

And as for love, we both suck at that topic. So, no, Jungkook will not be the right person to talk to. He'll just get excited and then come up with some messed up plans, which I'll eventually follow, and we'll end up nowhere. I'll just be left with more confusing feelings.

Jungkook suck at the topic of love, or maybe not anymore. I've noticed something, and damn, this is confusing.

"Just accept it, you're not ready now, and you're just making excuses to avoid this," my inner voice said again. Well, my inner voice is becoming more and more of an asshole these days, always taunting me. 

Anyway, I looked at Jimin, who was also smiling with Yoongi, and all my inner turmoil found peace after seeing his smile. He has such a pretty smile.

"There's a package in your name, Tae," Jin hyung said, handing me a box. When did he even leave the couch? Well, I didn't notice too busy talking to myself.

"What did you order?" Mihae asked, now sitting next to me. 

"It's nothing special," I replied, but before I could finish my sentence, Mihae began to unwrap the box.

I tried to stop him, but it was too late. The box was fully open, and the jar of cheese balls was fully displayed.

"Oh my, you just bought a six-month supply," Jin hyung exclaimed. 

"Tae, why did you buy this many cheese balls?" Mihae asked, curious. Truth be told, I wasn't entirely sure myself. 

My eyes lifted and landed on Jimin, who was already looking at me.

Okay, okay, I lied before; I clearly knew why I bought these cheese balls. First reason: Jimin likes them. Second reason: there is no way I'm losing to Seung-Gyu. If Seung-Gyu buys two jars, I can give Jimin a hundred jars of cheese balls.