12. I DON'T CARE

Taehyung and Mihae were in a restaurant, enjoying their dinner while engaged in light conversation

Taehyung and Mihae were in a restaurant, enjoying their dinner while engaged in light conversation. The time for dessert had arrived as their meal was nearing its end.

"Just one sweet rice dessert, please," Mihae ordered, well aware that Taehyung wasn't fond of sweets.

"You really have to give it a try this time, Tae. You haven't even taken a single bite before," Mihae said, his lips forming a slight pout.

"Mihae, you already know I genuinely don't like desserts. I don't want to ruin the taste after having such a delicious dinner," Taehyung explained. Mihae simply nodded, understanding that this wasn't the first time he had attempted to coax Taehyung into trying desserts, but with no success. The waiter approached, serving Mihae his dessert.

"Would you like to explore any other options, sir? We've recently introduced new flavors of ice cream. If you're interested, we can offer a tasting."

"No, we both aren't big fans of ice cream," Mihae declined, the mention of ice cream makes taehyung think about jimin. - a memory of Jimin and the time he scolded him in front of everyone for seemingly no reason. Taehyung also recalled how much Jimin loved ice cream and realized that he didn't have any in his fridge.

" Please pack your best chocolate flavor ice cream for two people," Taehyung suddenly ordered, surprising Mihae."Since when did you start eating ice cream, Tae?"

"It's not for me. It's for Jimin" Taehyung replied.

"So, it seems like both of you have resolved whatever conflict you had," Mihae said, a bitter taste lingering in his mouth at the mere mention of Jimin. It was as if all the delicious flavors he had been enjoying earlier had suddenly turned bitter.

"Yes, we are good now," Taehyung said. After a while, the waiter came with the packed ice cream, and Mihae and Taehyung took their leave from the restaurant.

"Taehyung, will you drop me off? I don't want to go home alone," Mihae asked Taehyung, hoping to spend more time with him.

"Mihae, actually I have a meeting tomorrow and I really need to sleep early, so I don't think I will be able to drop you," Taehyung told him.

"Can't you just drop me? You can sleep at my place," Mihae said.

"I don't think it will be convenient for me, Mihae. We will meet tomorrow," Taehyung said, and Mihae just nodded in response.

"But you'll stay at my house next time. Promise me. I've been missing you. I want us to go back to the way we used to be," Mihae whispered softly, and Taehyung felt guilty for not spending time with Mihae like they used to.

"I promise you," Taehyung said, and Mihae chuckled, giving him a light peck on the cheek.

"Bye," Mihae said as he left, and Taehyung also headed to his car, not giving much attention to the kiss.