13. GUILT

Taehyung and Jimin are currently in the car, driving back to the apartment

Taehyung and Jimin are currently in the car, driving back to the apartment. Jimin stopped crying a while ago. Neither of them talked about the previous interaction, and Jimin is very thankful for that. The car ride is silent, with Taehyung taking glances at Jimin from time to time to make sure he's not crying anymore. Soon, they reach their apartment. Upon entering the apartment, Jimin starts walking towards his room.

"Jimin," Taehyung called, and Jimin halted in his tracks, turning towards Taehyung. "Yes, Mr. Kim," Jimin said in his small, soft voice. "Did you eat?" Taehyung asked and sighed, seeing Jimin shaking his head to indicate he hadn't.

"Change your clothes; I will prepare something for you," Taehyung said. "You don't need to do this, Mr. Kim. I will manage by myself," Jimin said, not wanting to bother the other, as he felt he had already been a bother a lot.

"Just go to your room; I will make you a soup," Taehyung said, starting to walk towards the kitchen. "Mr. Kim, seriously, you don't need to do this. I have already bothered you a lot. I will manage from here," Jimin said.

"Jimin, for the last time, go to your room. I am preparing soup for you. This will save time, and as for you being a bother to me, we will talk about this after you eat something," Taehyung said in his commanding voice. Jimin just gave him a little nod and went towards his room, while Taehyung started preparing soup for him.

A few minutes later, Jimin is sitting in the chair, enjoying the soup which tastes exactly how he likes it. On the other hand, Taehyung is seated, engrossed in his phone, or perhaps ensuring that Jimin finishes the soup. When he notices that Jimin has nearly finished his soup, he finally asks the question he has been wanting to ask for a while.

"What were you doing at the office so late?"

jimin glanced at him "just working on some file." jimin answered.

"Why so late? Why didn't you finish the file during the daytime?" Taehyung bombarded him with questions.

"Well, I was working during the daytime as well. It's just that there were so many files," Jimin answered. Jimin felt like he was being interrogated for a crime he did not commit, given the way Taehyung was pinning him with his soul-piercing gaze.

"It is only your second day at work, and you already have a pile of files? Do you think I'm stupid, Jimin?" Taehyung asked, still not believing a word the other had said to him.

"Are you implying that I'm lying, Mr. Kim?" Jimin asked, clearly in disbelief. He couldn't understand how Mr. Kim could think he is lying.

"Well, whatever you've told me doesn't make sense, Jimin. You're a new intern, and it's only your second day. You barely have any files to complete. And even if you had files to complete, you could do it tomorrow as well. So why the hell were you staying so late in the office? and don't repeat the same lie again, you already ruined my night jimin I deserve actual reason, the truth not some lie." Taehyung said.